Air fryer

ginagurl79
ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member
My husband got an air fryer for his bday because we heard it’s healthier.

Any good suggestions? Or recipes?

Replies

• kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    An easy way to do chicken breast or tenderloins is to spray them still frozen with a bit of cooking spray, season with whatever you like, and top with a second layer of spray. I use seasoned salt and Mrs. Dash. Just cook it at the recommended temp and length for your fryer. I also love doing egg rolls, wontons and frozen french fries in it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Since getting my air fryer for my birthday I use it several times a week. The aggressive fan is great at removing subcutaneous fat from any skin. Chicken wings, skin on thighs, duck breasts, skin on fish fillets. Especially the skin on chicken becomes just as thin and crisp as deep fried but different because it is less fatty.

I use my air fryer as a replacement for the oven. I do British roast lamb or beef with roast potatoes for Sunday lunch, small lasagnas, clafoutis. Blacken paprikas and aubergines for peeling. It's more energy efficient and better insulated than my oven so has replaced that for most jobs.
  • ManEatingLizard
    ManEatingLizard Posts: 15 Member
    I love using mine to cook pork chops. They come out perfect every time.
    Between my air fryer and my instant pot, I hardly use the stove/oven anymore.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    my air fryer cooks most of my meals. Pork chops turn out excellent. As do french fries, which is partly why I am here. Do a bunch of meal prepping on Sundays and cook a weeks worth of chicken breasts. Doesn't save me much time over an oven or bbq but much more convenient. I've done burgers, steak, chicken, wings, pork chops, pork tenderloin, veggies, fries, potatoes, sausage, and other stuff i cant remember. never use oil or spray or anything like that. need a new one soon.
  • msmbaker2013
    msmbaker2013 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2019
    I love my air fryer, my favorite thing to make in it is mushrooms stuffed with a spinach, cream cheese, mrs dash mixture.. mmmmmm yum ;)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Great for roast veg too. Shake chopped veg in a plastic bag with a little olive oil and salt and air fry.
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    My air fryer has been a game changer!! Seriously took no carbs to a whole new level. I make everything from zucchini chips to wings to bacon in it! everything comes out so nice and crispy without the grease.
    It sat in my basement for months because someone gave it to me without the book and I didn't know how to work it until one day I say screw and figured it out on my own. I regret letting it sit for months !!!
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    I love my air fryer, my favorite thing to make in it is mushrooms stuffed with a spinach, cream cheese, mrs dash mixture.. mmmmmm yum ;)

I just found a stuffed mushrooms recipe on Pinterest I'm dying to try in the air fryer!!
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    We received an air fryer for Christmas and have been amazed with how many different foods you can cook in it - and in less time. Marinate thicker, boneless pork chops and cook; small turkey breast; salmon fillets (can put in frozen), chicken thighs. All have turned out tender and juicy.
  • gran195780
    gran195780 Posts: 2 Member
    I love my air fryer. It makes great perfect salmon, take a salmon fillet, skinless, spray with both sides with cooking oil spray, season with whatever you like and place in air fryer. Cook for 8 minutes and its perfect. It also makes great chicken tenders.