Drinking protein shake on rest day?

Options
I workout 6 days per week and in those days I drink lean protein shakes. Some days I drink 2 per day cause I can’t meet my protein goal for that day. My rest day is on Sunday. Is it healthy to drink my lean protein shake on that day since I cannot meet my protein goal?

Replies

• rv1234567
    rv1234567 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fine. Why wouldn't it be healthy?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    rv1234567 wrote: »
    Of course it's fine. Why wouldn't it be healthy?

Maybe she has chronic kidney disease, which is fairly common.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's just protein. Unless you have a specific medical reason to limit protein, why would it hurt you?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sure a protein drink is just a source of food, so as long as it fits in your goals. However, I'm curious what your protein goals are and what food do you normally eat that you need 2 protein shakes to meet your goal? You may be overestimating how much protein you need.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Just replace "protein shake" in your statement with "food containing protein". Should readily answer your question.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Sparkle097 wrote: »
    I workout 6 days per week and in those days I drink lean protein shakes. Some days I drink 2 per day cause I can’t meet my protein goal for that day. My rest day is on Sunday. Is it healthy to drink my lean protein shake on that day since I cannot meet my protein goal?

It's just a protein supplement...it's like asking if eating chicken on your rest day is healthy or not.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes aren't magic. They don't do anything special except provide you with protein and calories.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You need protein on your off days just as much as your workout days
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yes sure! This will also help with recovery and repair