Not Weighing In

Options
Hi Guy!,
I’m taking a break from getting on a scale. Starting today I’m taking my waist measurement and using fat calipers. With everything I’ve read about fat vs muscle and the long game in living a healthy life into the golden years I’ve realized that the scale is convenient but not really accurate in telling the whole story. I’ve been doing lots of resistance training too and that can feel like I’m being punished when I weigh in. So, for the next month it’s going to be a picture of my measuring tape and just put in the weight I last used. Has anyone else trying to get around this Scale worshipping habit?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I use a trending weight app, it cuts out any need for stressing over a number and gives the trend which is the main thing.
    It was not weighing myself that lead me to gain in the first place. But everyone has to find what works for them.
  • ManEatingLizard
    ManEatingLizard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to have an eating disorder, and for that reason I have to limit my scale involvement. If I can get my calories under control, I know that I will lose weight anyways. So, right now I'm weighing once a week, for confirmation I'm doing something right, and I'm hoping to push that out to a monthly ceremony in the future. Cuz it's not about the scale, but how I feel. But damn it's easy to get addicted to the scale.