Does anyone else’s fluctuations look like this?

Options
Starting to think I’m not losing lbs and just fluctuating water weight for 2 weeks. Please reassure me this is normal so I don’t fall off track oauj46jlj51k.png
v1459qzqzn32.png

Replies

• jme260
    jme260 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    If your going to weigh daily I recommend a weight trending app that will help you see a overall trend Libra for Android or happy scale for iPhone but if what I'm seeing is correct you've lost 11lbs in 1month? That's great weight loss isn't linear some weeks you will lose some you will stay the same and some you may even "gain" if your accurate with your logging trust the process

I lost a lot in the first 3 weeks then it slows, but I’m def happy with my progress. I measure every thing I eat with a food scale.. I’ll try the happy scale, see if I can understand my fluctuations and keep at it. Thanks
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It sucks to see gains when you want to see losses. I do a spread sheet, with a trending graph and average weight loss by week. When my weight goes up or stays the same, I look at the trend or the averages. My weight has increased or stayed the same for five days in a row as of today. My spread sheet assures me that I am still losing an average of 2.2 pounds a week over the last 6 weeks. That is a safe 1% per week for me.
  • jme260
    Options
    You might be expecting a bit much love

Your weight is already on the lower side. Progress will be slow and water weight fluctuations can mask the progress

Log your daily weight on a weight trending app, that will help show you the trend

I think your right, I’m down 33 lbs with this process since last April and almost at my goal, but I just can’t seem to get there. I need to have more realistic weight loss goals each week now I think
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yes mine looks like that. I suggest a weight trent app on your phone. It will show you a trend over time so you don't worry about a higher weight that pops up occasionally. I use Happy Scale for Iphone
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm a Libra user and a huge fan of the trending app. It helps me not freak out over a heavy weigh in here and there, but I can also fairly quickly determine that things are trending the wrong direction (as opposed to if I were only weighing in once a week or wasn't sure of what my "normal" trends are).
  • jme260
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    This is what those figures look like graphed with a trendline

mc5o3mphxb2n.jpg

How do you feel about it now?

Thank you! As long as that end trend starts to go down again and not up... I added a little more carbs back in my diet but am still in my calories.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    What do you mean starts to go down again. The red line is the trend and it is only going down.

You ignore the data points (blue line) and pay attention to the progress (red line).
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    jme260 wrote: »
    Danp wrote: »
    This is what those figures look like graphed with a trendline

mc5o3mphxb2n.jpg

How do you feel about it now?

Thank you! As long as that end trend starts to go down again and not up... I added a little more carbs back in my diet but am still in my calories.

A few extra carbs will simply just mean that you have a little extra water in your body than previously which explains why it went up a little. This is normal. Your trend is still down and that is all that counts.

Also, just to be obvious, make sure you weigh yourself under the same conditions every day. First thing in the morning, after the toilet and wearing the same thing (naked is probably the most reliable), is what most around here seem to do.
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    npqyqjd3ovl9.jpg

Weightloss isn't linear
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

Your weight is already on the lower side. Progress will be slow and water weight fluctuations can mask the progress

Log your daily weight on a weight trending app, that will help show you the trend

I think your right, I’m down 33 lbs with this process since last April and almost at my goal, but I just can’t seem to get there. I need to have more realistic weight loss goals each week now I think

What's your final goal weight? You are probably at the point where you should be looking to lose no more than a half a pound a week, and this might be an average - for example, assuming you have a menstrual cycle, you might only lose after your period.
  • jme260
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

What's your final goal weight? You are probably at the point where you should be looking to lose no more than a half a pound a week, and this might be an average - for example, assuming you have a menstrual cycle, you might only lose after your period.

110 is my final goal.. I’m thinking 0.5lbs a week is what I have to work for now at 1200 calories since I am only 4’11. I also work night shift, rarely sleep and have been weight lifting 4x a week.