Ladies who have had a pregnancy loss: How to get back on track?

Options
I was doing really great on tracking my calories, in 2 months I went from 220ish to 206lbs (I wasn't upping my activity, just trying to get my eating habits in check.
Then I found out I was expecting for the first time ever and had the best intentions to continue to eat right - never experienced those hormone changes and cravings before. I ate a lot of lousy food.
I lost the baby at only 6 weeks, a few weeks ago - and continued to overeat a lot of calorie-dense foods every day. I'm pretty devastated about it even though I know so many other women have had much more traumatic experiences.
I'm back up to 226, and feel like at this point the best thing for me is to focus on my own health and try to get back on track, but I just have no motivation to do so.
Does anybody out there have insight or suggestions? I know this is pretty personal but everyone I've asked for advice on this forum has been really helpful and I wondered if anyone had advice on this topic.

Replies

• pinkfairy88
    pinkfairy88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost a baby a couple of years ago at 14 weeks. Like you I had experienced cravings and ate more due to morning sickness and continued to struggle with this post miscarriage. My advice would be to give yourself time, firstly from a physical sense, your body takes a while to get rid of all the hormones that cause these issues. Two theres also the emotional psychological sense. A loss no matter how early /late can be a lot to get your head round. Take each day as it comes and don't be too hard on yourself, your on a difficult journey that will get easier but lots of self care will help! Big hugs
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had an early miscarriage too - just because it was early doesn’t make it any less painful. Be gentle with yourself. You already know, as you’ve said, that the best thing to do is focus on your health - you just might need a little more time.

Hugs to you
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I lost our first pregnancy about two weeks ago, and my diet has gone way south since then (I had stepped on the scale for just before the D&C operation so I knew I was not in the best shape). I’m trying to get back on track but no longer so much to feel good about myself / so I can look good, but because this is the only way I know how to prepare my body for a viable pregnancy and a healthy child later on. Maternal instincts can be a powerful force. We hope to conceive soon so that’s my motivation! Wishing all of us the best in staying on track and being healthy!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    In 2015 i had to terminate my baby at 23 weeks because of complications that only appeared on the 20 weeks scan. And long story short it was effing awful. Im not saying this to make tou think "oh thats so much worse, she had it much worse than me", because losing a baby, at ANY stage it just indescribably awful. Im just saying, i understand.

It doesnt matter if its early, mid or a full term baby, its awful. And it has an impact on everything, your mind, your emotions, our hormones.

Things ARE going to go south for a bit and its amazing that youre already starting your weightloss journey again.
    But it will take time and patience and a bit more time, so expect a few bumps in the road but realise that thats okay
    Every august i still go abit downhill for a couple of weeks on the run-up to his birthday and for a week or so later.

Hugs for you and all the other mummies with angels x