How often do you weigh in?

Options
Im not really seeking advice, but rather looking for information.

I see people say weigh once a week.

...weigh once a month.

...weigh every day.

Just want to see what people are thinking and why you have chosen to do what you do? And if you have tried another way?

Right now i weigh my self 2x a week, otherwise i go insane waiting for the next time to weigh in. This actually keeps me more sane lol and i dont get anxious waiting for the next weigh in day.

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Officially weigh-in once a week on Friday.

Unofficially I probably weigh myself every day just to see where I am, but the scale doesn't discourage me. (this is not for the weak of heart)
  • SeatownJ
    SeatownJ Posts: 11
    Options
    I typically weigh in when I go to the gym... whenever I make it there.
  • martina123321
    Options
    Hiya,

I weigh myself everyday. Its kind of my addiction. I am constantly worrying if I have gained weight. I suppose it keeps me in check too. I don't like to be disappointed and like yourself once a week would drive me mad lol. I only log my weight down once a week though.

Good luck for the furture

:)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Every single day.

Why do I do it?

Because I am in maintenance and it makes me feel better to be able to see that I am staying in the "range" on a day to day basis. I truly believe that weighing everyday has taught me about my body - what foods affect me positively, negatively, how much water I need, what is a "normal range", etc. I think it helps me to not freak out about a small gain - as long as that gain remains within my normal range.

Perhaps as I get further away from hitting my goal, I will relax a little and not feel that I need to weigh in each day. For right now, I like seeing that number each day so I know that I am staying on track.

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I am one of those that weigh everyday and not only everyday but twice a day. Once in the morning and again in the evening. It keeps it real for me. However I do not freak out over the number I see. I only record my weight when I am showing a loss from my previous weigh in and that can sometimes be a couple of months. Since I am quite happy with my current weight I am not too concerned over this. I would like to lose another 10-15 pounds. Just in no hurry for it to get there.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Every single day.

Why do I do it?

Because I am in maintenance and it makes me feel better to be able to see that I am staying in the "range" on a day to day basis. I truly believe that weighing everyday has taught me about my body - what foods affect me positively, negatively, how much water I need, what is a "normal range", etc. I think it helps me to not freak out about a small gain - as long as that gain remains within my normal range.

Perhaps as I get further away from hitting my goal, I will relax a little and not feel that I need to weigh in each day. For right now, I like seeing that number each day so I know that I am staying on track.

That makes sense during maintenance. but how did you weigh in the losing phase?
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    I measure every couple of days, and weigh only every time I lose an inch in my hips, which amounts to about once every 2 weeks. I don't like the scale. I tried weighing myself daily, it simply didn't work. I'd get super discouraged, or I'd see that I'd lost and think that I needed a reward, which would inevitably mean food. Then the next day it would be up again!

Terrible.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Options
    That brings up part of the topic i forgot to mention, What about measurements (thanks obwize)? How often do you measure? Where do you take measurements? I take from my upper chest, bust, waist, hips, both arms and both thighs!
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    That brings up part of the topic i forgot to mention, What about measurements (thanks obwize)? How often do you measure? Where do you take measurements? I take from my upper chest, bust, waist, hips, both arms and both thighs!
    Measure your neck, chest, arms (upper part) mid-section, hips, and thighs. How often? Maybe once a week?

I'm in the losing phase: I weigh myself every day, same time, naked. I record my weight on Mondays. Why? Because I want a snapshot of where I am on a daily basis. Kinda like a ship traveling from California to China: If you were the captain would you see where you were every 500 miles and then make corrections?? Overly simplistic but you get the idea. :smile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. I'm tracking my body fat percentage/pounds of fat and inches. I'm aiming to lose between 4 to 8 pounds of fat a month. I have a body fat percentage and pounds of fat loss goal. It will take me a year to over a year to reach my goal and I'm down for that.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Options
    Measure your neck, chest, arms (upper part) mid-section, hips, and thighs. How often? Maybe once a week?

I'm in the losing phase: I weigh myself every day, same time, naked. I record my weight on Mondays. Why? Because I want a snapshot of where I am on a daily basis. Kinda like a ship traveling from California to China: If you were the captain would you see where you were every 500 miles and make then corrections?? Overly simplistic but you get the idea. :smile:

good point with ship :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every day, but I am ok with seeing the inevitable fluctuations. I just find it interesting to see how it changes day to day.

I take Sunday as my "official" weigh-in day for the week.
  • gabriellsotero
    gabriellsotero Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but officially every Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. The scale doesn't discourage me too