Recommend Workouts to do at home. No equipment

Options
Hi everyone. I started recently going to the gym and it’s been three weeks now since I’ve been going to planet fitness. I go for at least one hour a day. I walk for 30 minutes then I do exercise for the arms.

I feel like I need to do a bit more then one hour. So if anyone can recommned me on YouTube who to watch to do cardio workouts at home for at least an hour or so. No equipment needed. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender seems a popular go to. My girls swear by it. Or just search for body weight workouts, google or youtube and you'll find plenty to choose from.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Another Fitness Blender fan here! I can't say enough good things about it. They have a variety of videos. Everything from 5 minute ab work to 20 minute HIIT videos to hour long 1,000 calorie burning workouts. I often tack on a 20 minute HIIT workout to my day when I've overeaten. It speeds by and it will give you an estimate of calories burned.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Search "you are your own gym" and "convict conditioning."
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Could you spend more time at the gym? PF also has group fitness classes, circuit training equipment etc. If you want to do more strength check out Sronglifts 5 x 5. Most PF locations won't have barbells but you can still benefit from doing the same exercises with dumbbells.

+1 on "You are your own gym" you can get into pretty good shape with body-weight exercises . Could you also go for a walk on your lunch break?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender like others have mentioned and if you like to dance, Fitness Marshall will kick your butt.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to do a bit more then one hour.

Why? What is your goal?

And why do you only do arm exercises?
  • PlusSizeGal
    PlusSizeGal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    An hour is all I can do because someone else is taking me to the gym.
  • PlusSizeGal
    PlusSizeGal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Those that recommended me thank you I will look for them on YouTube
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

An hour is all the more you really need.

However, only doing arm exercises is going to shoot yourself in the foot. When you consistently train only one muscle group, you create strength imbalances that are going to lead to injuries later on. Make sure you're hitting all the body's muscle groups (chest, arms, back, legs, shoulders) over the course of the week. If you can't fit in all your workout in an hour or less, you either need to work out faster, or incorporate compound lifts to hit multiple muscle groups with one exercise.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Body fit by Amy on YouTube. She is my favorite! She has lots of videos that don’t require equipment.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like PopSugar because they have guest videos - you can try out several people and if you like one, go to their channel.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has some good workouts. I’ve never been a fan of their shakes or supplements but have done and enjoyed the workouts. They pretty much all have a modifier option too which I like
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Options
    I like some of PopSugar Fitness videos.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

An hour is all the more you really need.

However, only doing arm exercises is going to shoot yourself in the foot. When you consistently train only one muscle group, you create strength imbalances that are going to lead to injuries later on. Make sure you're hitting all the body's muscle groups (chest, arms, back, legs, shoulders) over the course of the week. If you can't fit in all your workout in an hour or less, you either need to work out faster, or incorporate compound lifts to hit multiple muscle groups with one exercise.

Agreed - and OP, you can get quite the workout in 45 minutes or less and target every group just fine, depending on what you're doing. Or choose a split workout, 30 minutes a day with body weight/dumbbells/kettlebells what have you and you will see improvement.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you have your cardio and arms sorted, you can easily do some body weight lower body and ab stuff at home without videos or anything. Squats (narrow, medium, sumo stance), lunges (regular, walking reverse), hip thrusts, squat jumps, split squat jumps - those would get you through a half hour no problem, no equipment, and you'll definitely feel it. For core just some crunches, planks, leg raises, bicycles kind of thing. Do 3 sets of 10 each and see how it feels.