Which fitness app do people use to track exercises outside?

Options
Curious to see what exercise apps people are using to record walking, cycling etc. I use endomondo so that the GPS on my phone records time, distance etc and puts it on a map for me.
What apps are others using as a comparison?
Would be neat if MFP had this option to track, upload and update profile

Replies

• Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I tried Endomodo, Map/Bike My Ride and Sporty Pal Pro. I found that Sporty Pal Pro was the most accurate and had the most options/features.
  • scalhoun125
    Options
    I have used runkeeper. Only thing is, I don't like to carry my phone while running, so I only use it for Biking.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I love my Cardiotrainer for Android. It's transformed my outdoor exercise and it's free!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun / bike.....
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tried Endomodo, Map/Bike My Ride and Sporty Pal Pro. I found that Sporty Pal Pro was the most accurate and had the most options/features.

X2.

When I used endomondo, the graphs had strange spikes in them. I use the free version of SportyPal, then transfer the gpx information to ridewithgps.com.

Ridewithgps.com makes better use of the data than sportypal, imho.

Troy, I'd be curious to hear your opinion of ridewithgps v. sportypal pro, since I have not sprung for the pro version.
  • Bramtits20
    Options
    i use LYRFREE its great.. it trakes how far, how long and even keeps a map of the journeyyouve just ran. thing is you have to carry your phone then, or pocket it, but you get my drift.. :happy:

:flowerforyou: xxx
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    Nike+ for running :)
  • nello105
    Options
    I use Endomondo Free for Android. It's enough good for my scope. I'm not an athlete, but I'm simply trying to loose weight.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Just started using Runkeeper, and am really liking it a lot.
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options

i use this one :)

but... silly me didn't know i had to buy the nike+ Sensor for my iphone 3gs (because its not built in like the 4!!) and thought it was broken for over a year!! pahahahahah... but now i have my sensor.. and need to find somewhere to put it on my NB trainers lol...
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sportypal.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sports Tracker Pro for Android. I also use the Polar Bluetooth HRM strap with my phone to track my heart rate at the same time in Sports Tracker Pro.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options

i use this one :)

but... silly me didn't know i had to buy the nike+ Sensor for my iphone 3gs (because its not built in like the 4!!) and thought it was broken for over a year!! pahahahahah... but now i have my sensor.. and need to find somewhere to put it on my NB trainers lol...

You don't need a sensor when you have an iPhone. I have the iPhone 3G (older model than yours). The app uses the GPS that is built into your phone. All you need is the app on your phone and GPS coverage (and obviously it only works when you run outdoors, not on the treadmill as your actual location doesn't move when you run on the treadmill).
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    So far, I have played with many free ones, but I love runkeeper the best. I am looking at the other's mentioned here as well. Nike +GPS, was weird. I tracked me at 2 miles, while runkeeper said like .45 of a mile...
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Been using RunKeeper for about six months, and I'm totally addicted to it. It has actually helped me losing loads of weight and becoming a healthier person. And with RunKeepers HealthGraph API it will hopefully soon be connected with MFP and lots of other interesting apps and websites :)

/k
  • lovergirl72
    Options
    I love my cardiotracker it tracks it by gps as well and has option of saving your route. It tells you how far you went how fast and how long it took. It has a gentle voice to encourage you to go farther too. It plays my music on my phone inthe background which is optional. I use it with noom. They are both free!
  • lovergirl72
    Options
    I don't hold my phone while i run i have a mp3 band that goes onyour arm that securely holds my phone.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Just installed Runkeeper to do a compare and contrast with my beloved Cardiotrainer. Is it right that Runkeeper doesn't have settings for gender and weight? That's a big negative for me.
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just installed Runkeeper to do a compare and contrast with my beloved Cardiotrainer. Is it right that Runkeeper doesn't have settings for gender and weight? That's a big negative for me.

You'll find those settings on the website. Create an account and use it on the phone and on the website.

/k
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

On the website you can set your weight and body fat percentage. I don't remember if you can enter height and gender (I'll have to check) but I'm tempted to say not...which would explain why it never gets my cal burn right! But since I have my HRM, this isn't a problem for me - I just need it for the ability to programme intervals, and get an idea of my pace, speed and distance.

ETA: I'm trying to find where on the website I can enter my Twitter account so I can get the App to tweet when I've done a run, like it does on Facebook.