Military Wannabe

Options
Never done one of these before so go easy on me.

I am trying to lose weight to get to my enlisted goal weight for the Marine Corps, but sometimes I dont feel adequate. Especially when I'm at the gym or during PT days in the office. I know what I'm going to do is honorable, but motivation and support would be encouraging too. Anything inspiring? Please send comments my way!

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I exactly follow. Have you already in-processed MEPS and passed the physical? Were you flagged for being outside their weight boundaries and allowed conditional enlistment assuming you make weight before deployment to Boot Camp? ... or are you within range and just have a specific goal you are trying to achieve? How much time do you have?

I'm a Veteran and come from a long line of military servicemen. I absolutely appreciate anybody who volunteers to serve our country - it *is* a great honor. I'm not sure how inspiring this message might be but Boot Camp is going to be an absolute nightmare if you aren't in relatively decent shape with good body composition. That should be some motivation to get as fit as possible... but seriously, keep your eye on the prize and take it one day at a time. Just keep making small steps forward and you will be at your goal before you know it.
  • Amberly3377
    Amberly3377 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was not in shape when I went to boot camp and some how made it through without being rolled back. I agree with him, do your best to be in shape BEFORE you arrive. It wasn't the PT I hated, it was the stress of potentially being stuck there for much longer.