Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to lose a couple of pounds for a special event?

Hello, i know i have left it late but i have a good friend coming down this weekend (friday) and i was at least 5lbs lighter last time she saw me and i felt great. I was wondering whether any of you had a diet or tips that i could follow to drop a couple of pounds before Friday? I know that whatever i lose fast will come back on again once i eat sensibly but i really want to drop a couple so i feel better than i do now.
xxx

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Cut carbs to below 50g. Cut out grains completely, just get carbs from veg and max of 3 servings of fruit. Berries are best.
  • Drink loads of water too
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Cut carbs to below 50g. Cut out grains completely, just get carbs from veg and max of 3 servings of fruit. Berries are best.

Yup this will cause you to lose "weight" mostly water. Not fat. Good luck
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    as above plus loads of cardio.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    It's far too late to do anything that will be noticable
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Lots of water with lemon juice.. really helps clean you out.

Cut out the salt to reduce water retention.

Eggs contain lecithin, a fat burner, filling and full of protein for not a lot of calories.

Don't drink!
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    the best you can do now is lose close to that in water weight, agree with all posts + TONS of water and cardio + NO SUGAR and do like at least an hour and half maybe 2hrs from today thru to Friday and squeeze in a workout on friday too..good luck.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Even just attempting to do all this will make you FEEL better about yourself. That will help alot!! Don't go too crazy - you don't want to pass out the minute she gets there :-)
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 99 Member
    It's a bad idea to try to drop weight fast! It won't be real weight, as others have pointed out. Better to use this as a motivator to get back in a routine.
  • If you have a spa near you that does Mineral Body Wraps, they are good to lose quick inches. I have done it and I work in a military environment where both men and women use it when it's time for them to get their measurements. Also there is a "Sudatonic" wrap that is excellent for quick weight drop. I've done that one as well.

It's not too late, cut the carbs and sugar to a minimum, stay flushed and get that exercise in.

Good Luck!
    7940140.png[/url]
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    If you have a spa near you that does Mineral Body Wraps, they are good to lose quick inches. I have done it and I work in a military environment where both men and women use it when it's time for them to get their measurements. Also there is a "Sudatonic" wrap that is excellent for quick weight drop. I've done that one as well.

It's not too late, cut the carbs and sugar to a minimum, stay flushed and get that exercise in.

Good Luck!
    7940140.png[/url]

What is a mineral body wrap?? :S
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Do you truly think your friend will notice a 5lb difference in you?
    I'm not trying to be negative.
    Just thinking maybe you shouldn't worry too much ;)
  • Gembo82
    Gembo82 Posts: 29
    Thankyou all for your tips will give them a try, i am already trying to drink more water and just had hard boiled eggs for lunch and i am trying to cut down my carbs and sugar, i am doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred (today will be day 4) i do leave things to the last minute, i also will go on my stationary bike later i hope losing a couple of pounds will make me feel better when my friend visits and also spur me on to really lose the weight and keep it off this time.
    MMSTGR - I think if my friend did notice she would be to polite to say anything but she is super slim and i am short so any lbs really show up, also she noticed last time i had lost weight we only see each other 3-4 times a year and when you don't see each other often you can notice these things.
    Thankyou for all the replys i do know it will be water weight should i lose anything but i am keen to see the scales drop so it would still make me feel better :)
    xxx