TEA/COFFEE

Options
does anyone add tea and coffee to their calorie intake, i take black coffee with sweetner :bigsmile:

Replies

• wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi,

I add coffee (and creamer), but I do not add the 0 calorie sweetner.

Good luck!
  • jdjb1981
    Options
    i do, i even add my green tea intake
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I usually do not count coffee or Tea. If you do not put anything in them there are no caloroes. I do not use sugar and only a drop of milk in my coffee.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I add '6 mugs of tea with skimmed milk and sweetener' to my diary every single day. Some days I may only have 1/2, others I can easy have 8/10, so I add 6 all the time....I don't mind logging it, but I'm not about to start adding each individual mug! lol
  • loopylou72
    loopylou72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    maybe its worth adding as it will only be a few calories? i really do need to do this by the book as all the diets i have tried have been unsuccesful!! and this one was recommended by my doctor !!!:wink:
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING I consume I enter into the food diary....even gum! Somethings may not have calories but they may have other items that affect weight gain or loss.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    If you eat it or drink it, log it. I've seen black coffee with nothing added show as having 5 calories. It's a calorie going in, it needs to be one coming out. If you leave out a cup of coffee or tea you may think it's okay with other small things and those small things add up to really big things. Good luck!
  • adamtwd88
    Options
    does anyone add tea and coffee to their calorie intake, i take black coffee with sweetner :bigsmile:

always :)! still technically something your having :)
  • loopylou72
    loopylou72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :bigsmile:

I am going to need all the support i can get so if you can offer me any good advice then its very much appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • mybabyamp08
    Options
    I add coffee to mine. I drink it black usually.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I don't coddle anyone, just be warned I can be hard sometimes. I am currently battling a bad knee injury and tend to get grumpier, but I find exercise helps my mood. Isn't doing crap for my knee at the moment but that's another story!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i add EVERYTHING in..
    except multivitamins, tablets, chewing gum & water.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I do add my coffee only because I planned on having it in the morning (sometimes it will be 0 calories or 5 calories/tbsp) but I don't add every single little thing, like gum to my diary. You burn through out the day (I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids), so 5 calories a stick isn't a big deal.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I usually do not count coffee or Tea. If you do not put anything in them there are no calories. I do not use sugar and only a drop of milk in my coffee.

Coffee does have calories, albeit a VERY minimal amount (if memory serves, it's like 7 calorie per 8 oz cup). I only add it when I have more than cup or two.
  • angryjenny
    angryjenny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add the coffee I drink, and add the creamer as a separate entry, because I don't always use the same one.

The calories are very small, but I think it's important to log everything. It's good practice (I need the discipline!), and if I decide not to add one thing because it's "not a lot of calories," I will fall down the slippery slope of deciding not to add that bite of coconut cream pie or the five samples I had at Costco because they're "not a lot of calories." Pretty soon, I won't be logging anything at all!

So yeah. haha I add the coffee/tea. :)

Jennifer