I lost a whole person! 150lbs! and Healthy BMI!

Options
I lost 1.1 pounds since my last weigh-in! Total of 150.1 pounds so far!!!!! I am sooooooo excited but the best part -- My BMI is 24.9! Finally in the Healthy Range for the first time in 8 years!

303097_10150271848225787_513900786_7692201_6442907_n.jpg

When I started this journey officially in May 2008 I wore a size 22/24, a size 44H bra, and had a BMI of 47.1, which is extremely obese. Even though I am not a big fan of, or a believer in the BMI scale, it is still a harsh reality to face. Today at 168.9lbs I am wearing a size 6/8, a 38DD bra, and at a BMI of 24.9, which is finally HEALTHY!! Since I lost 151lbs on my own in a non scheduled way I decided to make a facebook page and start a blog to help others who were going through what I went through and show everyone that it can be done! You just have to put some heart into it!!

Just remember that your weight does not define you, losing weight will not change who you are or make you a better person, and it will not change your life. You are you, be happy in your skin no matter what size you are. Lose weight for you and you only, and do it become a better you not a new you.

Replies

• JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    love your last statement so true mate well good on you for your loss i am heading that way as well thanks for sharing with us :))

ps i will pinch your last quote i think that is so so true
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!!! You look fantastic!!!!!!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's outstanding! What an amazing job. Well done!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Rock on!! I am already following your FB page :) Its amazing to see your results!! I started end of june a little bigger than you (size 24/26 not sure on bra size i wear a 42 DD but all bra calculators give me a diff size from 44 DDD to 44J, and Bmi was 50.) So even tho i know my goals are attainable it helps to see proof that "someone like me" can look as amazing as you do :)
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look stunning girlie...and your last statement is so, so true. :flowerforyou:
  • smaguire67
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are. I am in a similar situation where I need to lose 158.5lbs & so far I have lost 14.1lbs, so your story gives me heaps of inspiration.

How do I find your Facebook page?

You go girl!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Girl bras are the worst!!! Victorias Secret still says I am an F -- I stick to lane bryant DDs ha

I cant seem to fix my picture ha
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    facebook.com/weighinmoveon

and you can do it! just keep telling yourself that!!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! You are very beautiful! Before and after! :) Great job! Very inspiring!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look great! Such an inspiration to so many people! Congrats!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job you have done! You look beautiful! Everything you have said makes so much sense. Hitting a "healthy" BMI is awesome! Even though it may not be an exact indicator of a perfect weight, it is a really great goal range for most of us to aspire to. Wonderful job!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :smile: great work!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look great and super happy, congrats on being where you are at:drinker:
  • jess_austin
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your progress its given me a proper boost to think that if someone can lose a whole person in weight i can get to my goal weight too!!

Thank you for being such an inspiration!!
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are a major inspiration!! I'm so glad I found your facebook page. It was one of the first ones I found on weight loss and it opened up my eyes to a whole group of men & women supporting each other. Thank You so much!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing and GREAT JOB!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    wow :smile: excellent job :drinker:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    cool, we have something in common...........weve both lost the same amount

congratulations, I personally know how hard it is and how wonderful it feels.............Lloyd
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. You've done an incredible job there. Very well done!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    Congratulations! I love these success stories! It works to motivate me to reach my goals as well! They give me a "no excuse" attitude. If someone can be successful in losing 150 lbs, then I can certainly lose the 40 I have set as a goal.

AMAZING JOB!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!