It started with a slab of birthday cake and ice cream...

Options
I eat a very clean diet day to day. I recently had a birthday and a very large piece of birthday cake that I thoroughly enjoyed guilt free. The next day however, I made sugar cookie double doozies with cream cheese frosting for my class. I ate 4 cookies and enough frosting to frost two cakes (gross exaggeration). The thing I want to put out there is that my mind is telling me to exerercise excessively to redeem myself. My body is tired from my normal regimen and I know this isn’t healthy thinking. I should just close the book on yesterday and start back to my regular diet today. I am just saying this out loud so I glean the insanity of trying to out exercise a bad day of eating.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Such is life, and birthdays are meant to be celebrated :smile: the next day ok, it happened too but log it and move on - its a learning process. A few bad days do not outweigh all the good days.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Log it, learn from it and move on. :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    You didn't have a bad day, you just had a different day. Cookies aren't sinful. There are no Cookie Crimes on the books.

Agree with bpetrosky above: Rather than getting back to your regular diet which seems to have no room for cookies, I would start looking into making room for the occasional treat. When you put these things on a pedestal as Bad Food your brain can get hyperfocused on them and turn them into something they aren't. Every food is just a different combo of carbs, fats and proteins and none of them have any moral or ethical values.

And belated happy birthday!

i dunno, putting raisins in cookies might be considered a crime ;)

Point on the doll where the raisins hurt you. :D

they hurt me all over...i like raisins one way...crushed up in wine ;)
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Only if they're mis-labelled, all cookies should be equal under the law :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Also.

Pie > Cake

/thread
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I "fell off the wagon" for Valentines and it was my first binge style cake/candy/chips&salsa situation since late December. The next day also was a struggle. I don't try to make up for it - i'm just back on track today and not planning on weighing myself until next week. Give those extras time to get out of my system.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    smolmaus wrote: »
    You didn't have a bad day, you just had a different day. Cookies aren't sinful. There are no Cookie Crimes on the books.

Agree with bpetrosky above: Rather than getting back to your regular diet which seems to have no room for cookies, I would start looking into making room for the occasional treat. When you put these things on a pedestal as Bad Food your brain can get hyperfocused on them and turn them into something they aren't. Every food is just a different combo of carbs, fats and proteins and none of them have any moral or ethical values.

And belated happy birthday!

Point on the doll where the raisins hurt you. :D

Raisins are grapes who have had all their hopes and dreams sucked out of them. I like them!

OP, as others have said, log it and moved on. Maybe give some thought to this concept of "eating clean" and if it's creating emotional turmoil that is unnecessary.

i like raisins - just not in cookies...there is nothing more disappointing than grabbing a cookie that you think has chocolate chips and finding out they are raisins ;)

There are few things in life that are yummier than fresh-from-the-oven oatmeal raisin cookies.

My husband, however, would agree with you. He says they look like desiccated bugs. :D

I care far more about what food TASTES like than what it LOOKS like.

And I'm with you - I love oatmeal raisin cookies. And I loathe oatmeal chocolate chip. (WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?! UGH!) I do like regular chocolate chip though.