Help me PLEASE

Options
I’ve lost and gained back what I lost and more stress and depression. I feel motivated and have what everything I need but the main things I need energy and will power. It’s hard and the weight loss has to happen for health reasons. Considering the surgery if I can’t keep moving forward. Anyone in or near Columbus wanna be my workout accountability partner? I feel like a mother dying inside.

Replies

• dawnymo1
    dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are asking for help with motivation shows you are more in control then you think. I can tell you the one thing that really help me put my issues and obsession with weight loss was to find a therapist to talk with. Someone that deals with whole body and becoming your best self … hang in there

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just start!!! set your days and time go for walks eat healthy remember your not going on a diet your make a healthy lifestyle change. and remember eating healthy does not always mean eating less. Good luck
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Losing weight is like a successful marriage; Plan for it and give it your all. Love yourself. Would you expect a marriage to succeed if every few weeks a partner says "I just can't do this" and gives up? No, so why are you continually restarting and cheating yourself?

Now if someone told you you could feel amazing and live longer just by taking a pill, of course we would all take it. The hard part is that "Pill" exists, it's called commitment and diet...and it's very slow to take effect. It works though. It took quite awhile for me to see results but now that I have started I am addicted to the changes!

I get eating because of stress and boredom, but you just have to continually tell yourself that overeating is robbing you of your dreams.

You have the goal and the motivation to start, it's the follow through and commitment that you seem to need. What I do is I wrote down my weight loss goals , I started at 263, I hope to end at 135. That is a huge commitment and if I waited to celebrate until the end of the process I'd end up frustrated and like this process will NEVER end. I instead have broken up my weight loss based on the BMI scale, when I hit a certain amount my BMI goes down and I reward myself with a piece of jewelry I want. Why jewelry? Because I used to use food as a reward, that seems silly when I'm trying to eat better. This means between every 15-30 pounds I get to buy something sparkly :)

Now I am 178-782 (depending on the day I'm weighed etc) and I'm making great progress, but it's taken me 2 years to lose 80 pounds. Here's the thing though...that two years would have passed anyway, so why not make it a great two years by hitting my goals?

My long rambling point is quit giving up on your dreams because it's hard and uncomfortable, the reward is AMAZING, and it gets easier! You can do this. Break it down into easier to do chunks, like for one week excersize for 10 minutes 4 days a week. Or stick to our calorie goals for a week....at the end of that week look back, was it really that impossible? Nope, so tack on another week, and another....look at you! You're doing it! Before you know it things are changing, fun exciting changes!
    Just start. Be realistic. Set goals. Reward yourself.
    One thing to do today? Take pictures. I regret hiding in pictures so I have no "Before" pictures of me.

The years will pass anyway...now make them amazing :)