5'6...What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I am 5'6, my goal is 120 - 125. My highest weight was 167 a few years ago, and now I am 140.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5". I've been maintaining at 125-132 for six months. I feel better at 125- 128, but it takes a lot of effort for me to stay there. The higher end is a compromise with a bit less exercise and more freedom on food choices.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am maintaining between 133 and 138 pounds. I'm also 51 years old, married for 30 years, a Granny, and have no desire to be rail thin.
  • laneishab
    laneishab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'1.5 goal is under 130 when I go see doc in March, my heaviest was 230-235 in 2012. Currently at 137
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all your responses! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one that sees 125 as a little skinny for their frame. Nothing wrong with some padding to keep me warm 😂

...Now, I'm going to get a little cranky: I respect others' views of their bodies, and their preferences (at least unless and until there are serious signs of body dysmorphia or disordered thinking about food).

It's irritating to me to read people questioning others' (lighter BMI) goals, saying/implying that their preferred weight range must be "emaciated", "skeletal", etc. (I don't think the post quoted above does this, BTW.)

Bodies differ, and (healthy) preferences differ. It's one thing to say that one would be or was too thin oneself at X weight, but sometimes the "oh so crazy" rhetoric goes a little far IMO. I'm not going to say "OMG, I was so fat at 5'5" and 150 - how can people want to be so heavy?!" . . . not just because that would be rude (it would), but because it would be objectively dumb. (Even though I personally was, in fact, still quite a bit too fat at 150: But that's me, not you. Many women my height feel and look fabulous at much heavier weights than I do: Yay, them!).

Can we find a way to support each other, in our diversity?

While I do agree with your overall point of celebrating and supporting diversity, I feel the need to make these comments:

I went back a page and a poster who used "emaciated" was referring to how she looked at the low end of the BMI scale. In this thread, she was the only one who used that word and no one used "skeletal".

I agree that telling someone else their preferred weight range must be "emaciated" or "skeletal" would be wrong, but no one did that - saying "these numbers seem crazy low to me" or "I looked terrible at X weight" really isn't the same.

I'm sure my goal weight would seem crazy high to some, which is part of the reason I use BMI rather than pounds :)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    125, people tell me it's too low but I used to be that weight at this height.
  • jryepin93
    jryepin93 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    jryepin93 wrote: »
    I started at 216, down to about 180 right now. I have a wider frame (large hips, rib cage) and a good amount of muscle mass so I would probably maintain and feel best at about 150-160.

You may find that as you continue to lose weight your frame is not actually as wide/large as you thought it was. I actually went down a whole shoe size with my weight loss, but prior to that I always thought I just had big feet. I had to buy all new shoes, it was nuts lol.

I was actually around this weight in high school and found that my frame was still quite large! I've always had broad shoulders, a large rib cage, and wider hips at a lighter weight. It's just my bone structure haha
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, my goal is 120 - 125. My highest weight was 167 a few years ago, and now I am 140.

Are you me lol? I am exactly the same height, starting weight, current weight, and goal weight.

Like many others have posted, I carry weight in my belly and on my upper arms. At a normal BMI, I still look pudgy because my weight settles on my belly so I want to go lower (like 120-125) to keep that at bay.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    5’6, goal is 143lbs (65kg), medium frame.

I am pear shaped, so carry most fat in my thighs and butt. So I have to pick whether to look good on top or below, can’t have both!

My lightest was 127lbs (57.8kg) my face and collarbone were too skinny looking and people were concerned. But I had a nice butt for once!

137-147lbs (62-67kgs) is the weight I was able to maintain without much effort as a young adult before having a child, so that is probably the best weight for my frame and shape for long term maintenance. (I’ve not had a steady weight since).

My heaviest was a month ago when I hit 263lbs (119.5kg). Or at least that is the heaviest that I’ve weighed myself at, it is possible that I was heavier but too afraid to weigh myself for about a year.
  • thisleoknits
    thisleoknits Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    jryepin93 wrote: »
    I started at 216, down to about 180 right now. I have a wider frame (large hips, rib cage) and a good amount of muscle mass so I would probably maintain and feel best at about 150-160.

Thank god you are here!! I am 5'7" and I cannot even imagine being below 130, 150 -160 sounds like a dream!!
    So, my goal is 160. Maybe my perspective will change when I get down, I am still trying to make it to ONEderful !

I was thinking the same thing I would have to lose muscle mass to get below 165.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5’7”... HW was 212. I plateau every 15-20 pounds, and have spent most of my life at 170, 155, or 135. 155 and under looks fine.

I’m 149 now and the problem with this weight is I’m smack in the middle of a US size 10-12. Nothing fits!!! Don’t want to go back up, so might aim for 135 and a size 10.
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    5’6, goal is 143lbs (65kg), medium frame.

I am pear shaped, so carry most fat in my thighs and butt. So I have to pick whether to look good on top or below, can’t have both!

My lightest was 127lbs (57.8kg) my face and collarbone were too skinny looking and people were concerned. But I had a nice butt for once!

137-147lbs (62-67kgs) is the weight I was able to maintain without much effort as a young adult before having a child, so that is probably the best weight for my frame and shape for long term maintenance. (I’ve not had a steady weight since).

My heaviest was a month ago when I hit 263lbs (119.5kg). Or at least that is the heaviest that I’ve weighed myself at, it is possible that I was heavier but too afraid to weigh myself for about a year.

I am the same, I either have boobs or smaller butt! It drops downwards. My goal is to get to 65kg I am currently 73.
    Good luck with your journey.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    5'6.5'' here. My preferred weight is at around 62kg: Go lower and my face looks terrible and the wrinkles of my age that are usually hidden start to show. Plus orthostatic hypotension is kind of under control. And I can place things on my lap without them falling through (don't do that with a phone on the loo!) :D
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is to be 160-something...160 ANYTHING! lol Currently at a plateau of 185-ish....Starting to pack on muscle, which is great but the scale is weighing everything and I want to see the number decrease not gain even if it is muscle!
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5’6” 128 size XS or 2.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    5’6” 128 size XS or 2.
    I wish I was a size 2 at 128lbs! When I weighed 128 I was a size 10! It’s amazing how the same stats can be so different on different people, there’s certainly no one perfect goal even if people are the same height
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yep! I didn’t know that I could ever be this size. I attribute it to weight lifting as heavy as I can and spin classes. We are all different on the spectrum!