Hello :) Hope you all are doing well. I need advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsMeDua
    ItsMeDua Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    It sounds like you're making a good decision for yourself regarding keto. It's not necessary to lose weight, but it is helpful for some people who have medical reasons to reduce carbs, or who just find it a satisfying way of eating which helps them stay within their calorie budget. If your personal preferences are such that you would find it restrictive, it's not for you and there's no reason to try it!

As far as exercise is concerned, you don't need to do exercise to lose weight, but it does allow you to eat more calories per day while staying within your goals, and strength training will preserve your lean muscle mass while you eat at a deficit. It's also essential for health. If you don't currently exercise very much, just a few minutes a day is better than nothing! It doesn't have to be going to the gym, either - any activity counts, such as walking, dancing, or playing sports. Finding something you enjoy which keeps you active is a great way to improve your fitness over the long term.

Re: thyroid - if your medication levels are right, this shouldn't be a factor. Getting those levels correct can make a big difference in how easy it is to lose weight though!

• ItsMeDua
    ItsMeDua Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone.
    So if I stay within my calorie limits, I can have sweets?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    ItsMeDua wrote: »
    Thanks a lot everyone.
    So if I stay within my calorie limits, I can have sweets?

Absolutely! You may find that a lot of sweets are not the most satisfying use of a small calorie allowance, but you can definitely make room to enjoy a few treats.