Looking for some friends

Options
Hello
I'm looking for some friends, inspiration and support to aid me on my weight loss journey.
Abit about me. I am 31 years old from the UK. I have a partner, and 2 children (4 and 14), both boys. I am 5'6 and currently weigh 300 pounds, so I am looking at a goal weight overall of 160 pounds, but realistically will keep my goals at small intervals to start with. I have struggled with my weight since my early 20s.
I am looking for people with a similar goal as myself.

I am not an active person, and struggle with anxiety, agoraphobia and depression. I am hoping to slowly overcome this. My main reason for now wanting to lose weight, is not just how i feel, my health and my looks, but my quality of life, for not just me, but my family. My weight loss is affecting my kids. I want to be able to go outside with them, walk with them, run with them.

I recently went to the doctor to enquire about weightloss surgery (gastric bypass). I know this is a long process on the NHS, so figured I would start with small changes now, so if i ever do need the surgery, i can transition easily. My main goal though in joining MFP, is that I can do these changes and get to my goal weight on my own, without surgery.

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I sent U A Friend Request! I had a Gastric Sleeve with good success so far! Lets do this journey!
  • fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    rebroxx wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm looking for some friends, inspiration and support to aid me on my weight loss journey.
    Abit about me. I am 31 years old from the UK. I have a partner, and 2 children (4 and 14), both boys. I am 5'6 and currently weigh 300 pounds, so I am looking at a goal weight overall of 160 pounds, but realistically will keep my goals at small intervals to start with. I have struggled with my weight since my early 20s.
    I am looking for people with a similar goal as myself.

I am not an active person, and struggle with anxiety, agoraphobia and depression. I am hoping to slowly overcome this. My main reason for now wanting to lose weight, is not just how i feel, my health and my looks, but my quality of life, for not just me, but my family. My weight loss is affecting my kids. I want to be able to go outside with them, walk with them, run with them.

I recently went to the doctor to enquire about weightloss surgery (gastric bypass). I know this is a long process on the NHS, so figured I would start with small changes now, so if i ever do need the surgery, i can transition easily. My main goal though in joining MFP, is that I can do these changes and get to my goal weight on my own, without surgery.

My sister got that surgery but i always wanted to lose my weight on my wrong and struggle it through because this is my biggest challenge in my life and i know i can do it without Surgery.

The main tip i have is connect the mind and the body because its important on maintaining your weight. I used to workout and think negative and it never worked now my mindset is better and im thinking realistically and understanding my body and my thoughts.
    Good luck.