Hydroxyelite

domeofstars
domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried this one? If yes, what has been your experience with it?
One of my friends recommended it to me. So pretty much everytime i look at stuff like appetite suppressants i just think 'its a big rip off! it doesn't work!' this has been true of pretty much every single supplement/diet tea etc i have ever tried except for this one. It suppresses my appetite really effectively.
The downside is that it can make me anxious and if you're someone with high blood pressure or sensitive to caffeine, you definetly shouldn't take it.
Also (this only happened one time), I took it one day and i ended up with an awful migraine for hours and ended up vomiting :(
But apart from this, i feel like its helped me alot!

Replies

• domeofstars
    Did you really come here to gain insight on others experiences or to try and convince us that appetite suppressants aren't a waste of money? Appetite suppressants are essentially overpriced caffeine pills. Weight loss teas are overpriced laxatives with some caffeine. All of this dieting snake oil is nothing but a bunch of everyday products rebranded and marketed towards the impressionable. You would probably get the same effect from drinking coffee, only minus the headaches and vomiting...

I really came here to gain insight on others experiences, i don't care if you go and buy it or not- note i mentioned the disadvantages too.
    This is just something that's helping me at the moment and I have found useful, I take slightly less than the recommended dose.
    I know how challenging weight loss can be at times, and if its something that helps someone else too then great.
    You are free to make your own choices obviously. 🤗
  • domeofstars
    I haven't had the same effect from drinking coffee, nowhere near it but different things work for different people. So it might not work for everyone but its what's worked for me, after trying several different products that haven't worked.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    I'm not into taking questionable supplements that may have long term effects on my health. But that's just me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Not just you B)

I went through my magic pill/supplement phase a while back. Since getting on board with advice here I've found that it (CICO) works just fine for me.

No magic or snake oil required.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    Just a thought, OP, assuming this really was an innocent post - I've known people (still do) who have eating disorders that range from somewhat mild to severe. Some would see a substance like that as some sort of validation to abuse themselves even more.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Nowadays we don't find a site often where members speak their mind AND point out possible dangerous without fear of being sued by the almighty snake oil sellers and associates. If someone decides to stuff their face with chemicals - why come onto this website to ask for "advise"? The overwhelming majority of members here are trying very hard to change to a healthier life style, to do something for themselves naturally and to succeed long - term. Pill pushers should not be welcome here.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    So you're going to use something that gives you anxiety, vomiting and a migraine for the rest of your life?

Seriously, learning habits to lose and maintain your weight loss is the best thing you can do for yourself. Check to see if you are being too aggressive in your goals - are you trying to lose too much, too fast? Learn what foods keep you satisfied, play around with meal times and composition.

FYI: no. I have learned habits to lose weight and maintain my weight. 9 years ago I lost 36 kilos and for the most part, kept almost all of it. I was going through a stressful time last December/January and regained only 4 kilos. I'm not being too aggressive, I aim to have a roughly 500 calorie deficit each day, which is a loss of about half a kilo a week (or one pound if you're not using the metric system.

Congrats on losing and maintaining! If I am doing the math correctly, you have less than 10 pounds to lose. You might try going for .2 kilos (1/2 pound) instead of a pound a week. You'll lose slower but get to eat more and hopefully be better able to manage your appetite.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Instead of using a questionably-healthful supplement to suppress your appetite, why not experiment to find the way of eating that best keeps you full and satisfied? That's a better tool for long-term weight management and good health.

The variables you can experiment with, that many find helpful, are macronutrients (amount or proportions of protein, fat, carbs), timing (what you eat when), volume (like focusing on low-cal high fiber foods, among other routes), hydration, or specific food choices (some people find specific foods very satiating). Stay within the bounds of adequate nutrition, but try alternative approaches within them. Start by noticing what you ate on days you felt especially satisfied, or especially hungry, and move on from there.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    So you're going to use something that gives you anxiety, vomiting and a migraine for the rest of your life?

Seriously, learning habits to lose and maintain your weight loss is the best thing you can do for yourself. Check to see if you are being too aggressive in your goals - are you trying to lose too much, too fast? Learn what foods keep you satisfied, play around with meal times and composition.

FYI: no. I have learned habits to lose weight and maintain my weight. 9 years ago I lost 36 kilos and for the most part, kept almost all of it. I was going through a stressful time last December/January and regained only 4 kilos. I'm not being too aggressive, I aim to have a roughly 500 calorie deficit each day, which is a loss of about half a kilo a week (or one pound if you're not using the metric system.

If you only have 4 kilos / 8.8 pounds to lose, change your weekly weight loss goal to the equivalent of a half pound per week.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    You're taking a supplement with serious adverse side effects...to lose FOUR KILOS?

I'm concerned that you feel you need to take dangerous pills to lose such a tiny amount of weight.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Heck no... Why would I take some questionable supplement with no scientific backing that could cause me health issues when I am trying to lose weight to help with health issues? That makes no dang sense.