Ladies over 200lbs what size are you in clothes?

karyabc
karyabc Posts: 830 Member
edited February 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi there!! I'm 5'5.5 and 234.2 last time I checked 1 week ago or so. I'm genuinely curious about the average size of ladies over 200lbs and maybe my height.

Reason why I ask is that I only have jeans from Macy's brand style and Co. Size 14 and Idk I'm confussed of how accurate that could be at my weigh and height because I've read sooo many discussions around here and ladies around my size are usually way bigger size clothes.

I would love to be a size 12, honestly this size 14 brand are starting to feel big too.
I'll attach some pics of me. Crossing my fingers they post well 🤞
7bxzived8v6n.png
55gzri6hbnu1.png
4g48dwu95gxt.png

Replies

• Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Everyone hold their body fat differently. I'm 5'9" 225.5 and in an size 18 in most brands I do have one pair of 16 that are tight but I also have a pair of 20s that are tight. I hold most of my weight in my tummy and thighs. t55z9kcq2anh.jpg
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I am no longer that weight, but when I was I wore a 2x (18-22 in numeric sizes, depending on brand)
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    It is so hard to compare sizes because of different shapes and builds. I am 5'6 and 235, and I fit in a size 18 jeans and pants.. but just barely. When I started, I was 253 and in a size 20. I have a medium frame and hourglass shape. My sister weighs exactly the same as me, but because her body is shaped different, her size is 2 sizes smaller than me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I am under that now but I can remember pretty clearly what sizes I was at which weights. I am 5'8".

200-220 - 14 jeans, 14 dress pants, 20 dress, XL or XXL tops & tees (non plus)
    225-260 - 18 and 20 jeans, 18 dress pants, 22 dress, 1X (plus) tops & tees
    265-280 (the range where I was for most of my adult life 'til losing weight) - 22 jeans, 20 or 22 dress pants, 22/24 dress or shirt, 2X tops & tees
    280-307 - 24 or 26 jeans, 24 dress pants, 26/28 dress, 26/28 button down shirt, 3X tops & tees
  • renaerussell18
    renaerussell18 Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm 5ft 5.5inches and at 225 pounds I'm 18-20. I have to get bigger pants because my waist is as big as my hips, so I have baggy pant legs. I'm top heavy. When I was 160 pounds I could wear an 8/10. I have those jeans in my closet, can't wait to pull them out again!
    56712101.png
  • Glitter_GIrl02
    Glitter_GIrl02 Posts: 7 Member
    I wear a 4x and I'm 260
  • karyabc
    everjcjv wrote: »
    Everyone hold their body fat differently. I'm 5'9" 225.5 and in an size 18 in most brands I do have one pair of 16 that are tight but I also have a pair of 20s that are tight. I hold most of my weight in my tummy and thighs. t55z9kcq2anh.jpg

Hi! Sorry for my late reply. Yes I understand that completely that all body carry their fat in all sorts of way, I'm just confuse cause I see women constantly posting their size and height/weight here in mfp and I don't relate at all, like today I'm doing laundry I've just realized that half of my jeans same brand but they're actually size 12 and not 14. I'm a bit insecure, the scale is not moving but everyone saying they see the changes in my body and really thought mfp replies would be like hell no there's no way your X lbs and wear those sizes. Anyway txs for your reply :smile:
  • karyabc
    wmweeza wrote: »
    I am no longer that weight, but when I was I wore a 2x (18-22 in numeric sizes, depending on brand)

Ok cool, got it. Yes, that's the average that I usually see for ladies at my weight. I'm a bit confused of how heavy I am and how I fit in a size 12(I did laundry today and saw half the jeans I claim size 14 were actually 12), it has to be the brand. In a few weeks I'm going to go shopping to compare some brands and get an idea of my actual size.
  • karyabc
    It is so hard to compare sizes because of different shapes and builds. I am 5'6 and 235, and I fit in a size 18 jeans and pants.. but just barely. When I started, I was 253 and in a size 20. I have a medium frame and hourglass shape. My sister weighs exactly the same as me, but because her body is shaped different, her size is 2 sizes smaller than me.

I started at 321lbs, I stop buying clothes but I can remember when I was 300 or so the highest size of pants that I had was like 22 i believe. Congrats on your lost btw! I'm gonna go shopping in a few weeks in different brands to see around where I am exactly.
  • karyabc
    I am under that now but I can remember pretty clearly what sizes I was at which weights. I am 5'8".

200-220 - 14 jeans, 14 dress pants, 20 dress, XL or XXL tops & tees (non plus)
    225-260 - 18 and 20 jeans, 18 dress pants, 22 dress, 1X (plus) tops & tees
    265-280 (the range where I was for most of my adult life 'til losing weight) - 22 jeans, 20 or 22 dress pants, 22/24 dress or shirt, 2X tops & tees
    280-307 - 24 or 26 jeans, 24 dress pants, 26/28 dress, 26/28 button down shirt, 3X tops & tees

Oh wow great txs for the input!. I started at 321 and really stop buying clothes or should I say fit in my regular jeans probably when I was 300lbs or so, i think the biggest size of jeans I had was like 22 and I still fit in those at 300lbs, Idk but my hips are big and the booty too, is it because I don't carry so much fat in my tummy and maybe that's why I can squeeze in smallers sizes considering how big I am. I'm confused, def going to do some shopping in dif brands to see around where exactly I am. Txs for replying anyway ✌
  • karyabc
    I wear a 4x and I'm 260

Txs for replying. My winter coat its 1X and fits fine, don't know how many X I would be in the pants section :smile:
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    5' 4" about 210 lbs, pear shaped. I wear high waisted jeans, size 12 with stretch in the material. I believe traditional slimmer cut dress pants I would be a size 14 because of my hips, butt and thighs. I wear a large in most tops.
  • Mward614
    Mward614 Posts: 30 Member
    It’s like PP have said it’s all about how you hold your weight and how you like your clothing to fit. I’m 5’6” and 226 and typically wear a 16/18. But I also like my clothes to be comfortable and probably wear things a smidge bigger than most
  • Mward614
    Mward614 Posts: 30 Member
    emomjak9supm.jpeg
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    I'm 5'11", 219 lbs. I wear about a 14 in pants and a 16/18 in blouses. I have an hourglass shape but I'm top heavy and gain weight all over my body rather than a particular area.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    You can search this site to see photos of people at a given height, weight, clothing size, age, etc.

https://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html#.XGo7-qROnDs

I know that’s not exactly what you’re asking, but that site might help you find others your height/weight/age and you can see what clothing size they wear.
  • I'm 5'2 and 234 pounds. My size 20 jeans are too big 18's are not fitting (except for a pair from Torrid). In shirts, I wear a size XL (Kohls) all the way on up to a 20/22 (Lane Byrant). The leggings I have on right now are size 1's from Maurices but yesterday I had another pair of 1's on and they were too tight. Clothing sizes are crazy. A few years ago I was 180 and had shorts that ranged from size 12 to size 18. All of them fit me perfectly. They were all different brands though.
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    I’m 280lbs at the minute.
    I’m a UK size 20 on top
    UK size 22 on bottom
    And can get in dresses in a UK 18.

Different brand vary slightly too.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    I'm 5'8" and currently at 205lbs. My size 20 pants are hanging off me, but size 18 is still snug. XL & L shirts depending on style/brand.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    2 or 3, Chicos size. Talk about vanity sizing!