Ladies who lift

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Tampon and light pad here.

I tried the period undies and HATED them. The fluid gets cold and you can feel it. Blech.

Never used a cup, sorry.

Really? My modibodies don't feel uncomfortable at all! Feel less gross than wearing a pad. The liquid absorbs, no gunky bits, no smell, the only not very pleasant aspect is rinsing them out before popping into the washing machine. But meh. That's the only negative I can see in them.

I have never felt the fluid ever in my period undies. And i bleeed.

Really? I got a pair of Thinx and hate them.

I have thinx and only use them as a back up to my cup and on super light days where it's pretty much just spotting. I do agree with heavier days they can be a little uncomfortable if they aren't a back up. But I love my Thinx for how I use them, they're perfect!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I use a cup and also use Thinx period panties as a back up ( I love them and never use anything disposable anymore). Thong ones for work outs. I did just buy a different brand cup than the one I was using for the past three years and noticed a lot of leakage, I'm not sure why. So, not sure if it's because you got a different cup or if things are just different after different pregnancies or what, but I don't think it's necessarily due to heavy lifting.

I bought the same brand, different size and stiffness. I passed that mystical "30 year" mark (most cup companies tell you to size up after 30 even if you haven't had kids), had my 3rd kid, also my second vaginal birth (first was a c-section) so...things may have changed up a lot.

Glad to hear you like the Thinx.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    I use the pill so no periods for me but in the past I have used a pad with a thong under leggings. No one can see anything and it was completely secure.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    I use the pill so no periods for me but in the past I have used a pad with a thong under leggings. No one can see anything and it was completely secure.

Wait wait wait. Pad... with a thong? How..? 🤔😂
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member

I've been thinking of just skipping periods. Been reading up on it and how having a "break week" is based off religious practice, not biological, so.... Yeah, this thread has been very useful, thank you ladies.
  • Rodney_Mckay
    Rodney_Mckay Posts: 32 Member
    I'm a guy on the totally wrong side of the internet.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    spiffy90 wrote: »
    I'm a guy on the totally wrong side of the internet.

You were warned >:)

um1zczq35wqy.png
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    How is talking on bleeds in wt. lifting? Rather disgusting and non subject related.. Get on focus.

Must be a bloke
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Wow I actually got a tad tetchy there.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited February 2019
    Wow I actually got a tad tetchy there.
    It needed saying. Thank
    -you.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I have one VERY heavy day every time and I don't know what my deal is but I can't get that stupid cup to not leak, no matter what I'm doing. I think it just fills up that fast. I just use tampons for that one day and the cup the other days.

I have never heard of period undies LOL off to google. Sounds gross though. But then again so does a diva cup.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2019
    How is talking on bleeds in wt. lifting? Rather disgusting and non subject related.. Get on focus.

Ahhh bless. You do know that c50% of the world’s population are affected by this “disgusting” topic, right? And does that mean we a)shouldn’t lift during that time and b) not be able to reach out to others for advice?

It’s an Internet forum - don’t read the stuff which grosses you out or annoys you!

sad thing is, her profile says she's a female.
  • mrsgailowens1
    mrsgailowens1 Posts: 1 Member
    I had this problem, I got an ablation, but I am 46- so my periods stopped the best thing ever!
  • shantaymichelle81
    shantaymichelle81 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello ladies. How do I go about beginning a strength based workout? I have noooo clue where to start but its something Ive been thinking on...Its so much to consider do I have to take pre workout supplements, powders or shakes, counting macros, amino acids??? The list goes on and on about the science of weight lifting. Any help in the most simplistic form would be helpful.
    Thanks
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I just wanted to follow up, I got my Saalt cup and tried it out Wednesday. I had some very slight leakage, but not the noticeable leakage before? With my last cup, I could feel the leak, it was conscious and distracting. This was just a wee spot and I didn't feel my up running over.

That said, it was squats not deadlifts, so I'd have to try it out with both for a solid comparison. But so far so good. This cup is different shaped and there was a bit of a learning curve (it sits differently than the shorter one).
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    [quote=Totally off topic but also on topic, I recently came across some research that suggested women were at their strongest during the follicular phase, which starts when you start your period, so you should not neglect heavy lifting during that week, it's a prime week strength wise. [/quote]

I read an article about this same thing and it was like a lightbulb going off! I had noticed that sometimes I just felt like a limp noodle...I couldn’t make anything like my baseline lifts, but sometimes hitting a new max would feel like cake.it didn’t seem to correlate with rest days or eating or sleep or anything.

Then I looked at where I was in my cycle and yup, high estrogen (phase 1) = feeling awesome. Around ovulation, when estrogen dips a bit = meh (phase 2). Phase 3, week or so before my period, low estrogen and high progesterone (very low and very high, for me) = limp noodle.

Definitely worth tracking your body’s signs to maximize your lifting—I’ve found it helps not to be chasing a new high in phase 3–I just get annoyed. Waiting a week makes it much more doable and mentally pleasant for me.