Shocked by my breakfast!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I was on 1390 for a while, my split was 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 600 for dinner and a snack somewhere in between if that helps at all. I've realised that virtually any 50g of cereal and 125ml semi skimmed milk is about 300 cals so that's my regular breakfast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OP, I understand because I try to keep my breakfast around 200 calories most days. I like a split of roughly 200/400-500/700 with no snacks. I just find that I "need" a bigger lunch and dinner to feel satisfied so that's what I do. It's not that I think 200 is the "right" calories for breakfast but I find for me it works really well to be around that amount.

Typical breakfast for me is black coffee and any one of the following:

fried egg, toast with butter or jam
    bean sprout omelet with Sriracha
    hard-boiled egg & fruit or toast
    steel cut oats with dried cranberries, vanilla, cinnamon & brown sugar
    avocado toast with or without egg (usually split avocado w/ husband, this is a little over 200 cal)
    1 slice French toast with sugar free syrup & a veggie sausage link
    egg taco - small flour tortilla, cooked egg & salsa or pico de gallo
    scrambled egg, frozen waffle with butter & sugar free syrup
    regular oatmeal with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp jam mixed into it
    1/2 English muffin & easy over egg
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and was 13 stone. Now 11, but it's taken 7 months of slow loss. Aiming for 10 bit I know it will be a slow job!
    I have a boiled egg and toast and marmalade most days, about 360 calories all in.
    You will get there, just have reasonable expectations and go slowly. Log everything and get a food scale. I do that restrict anything, I just account for it.
    And do exercise and do eat those calories!!!! I'm on 1300 before exercise.
    If I can do it, anyone can, and certainly you!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tashytales wrote: »
    So today marks my 2nd day of moving from Slimming World to mfp. I had one of my usual breakfasts and it came to 329 calories! Can I get some lower calorie breakfast suggestions? I'm not a big fan of cereal or many fruits

I find it easier to get all my calories in for the day if my first meal is approx one-third of my daily ration. That leaves the rest of the day i can divide up into as many or as few eating events as I choose.
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning I just need a breakfast. When I don't have a breakfast then at around 10 I will feel dizzy. But every person is different. Good luck with MFP.
  • MurrayElliot
    MurrayElliot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually have 'brunch' instead of breakfast and lunch. I just had a cup of tea and 70g of cashew, cranberry and raisin bloomer toasted. 231 calories. How about yoghurt and fruit?

I'm using a 1200 calorie goal. Losing around 1lb a week.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Interesting responses here, I'm jealous of those who can eat big breakfasts. I typically try to keep breakfast around 200 calories. My preferred schedule is light breakfast and lunch with a substantial dinner since my maintenance calories are 1400. Also I'm just one of those folks who can't stop once I start, lol. One of my favorite breakfasts is an Ocean's snackit. The one with the rice crackers and tuna. It comes in at 146 calories. Another alternative for me is I slice whole rye toast with 1 Tablespoon of light peanut butter. That is 190 calories. When I can get the PC bagels (140 cal) I will toast one of those with 2 Tablespoons of light cream cheese (200 calories). Lots of options out there. Remember you can eat anything for breakfast even soup etc. Find something you like and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.