Quiche ??

Options
marnieinMB
marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
Has anyone ever made a quiche using soy or almond milk? I'm looking for ways to cut the calories.

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have, and it's quite nice, but there are other ways of cutting the calories without losing the milk - you could try custless, and use a lot of filling rather than just the milk/egg. Both options reduce the cals significantly. Luck!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I make mine with mashed potato crust so there's less fat. I've never tried with different kinds of milk.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make mine with mashed potato crust so there's less fat. I've never tried with different kinds of milk.

So you line the pan with mashed potatos?
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options

So you line the pan with mashed potatos?
    I lightly brush the pan with olive oil, then line the pan with mashed potatoes, then I lightly brush the potatoes with olive oil, then I bake for 15-20 mins (this is when I'm assembling the other things for the filling), and then I fill it with the egg mixture and bake. Potato crust is a standard for Moosewood quiches so if you have any of the Moosewood cookbooks you'll find one for shredded potato crust as well.. or you can try googling it.
  • kerenf
    kerenf Posts: 24 Member
    Options

thankyou for that - loved it! will definatly try to make the hatchbrown like crust for my next quieche