My year with myfitnesspal from 240 to 167 lbs

Options

Replies

• palmuphandopen
    palmuphandopen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing I'm at your starting point and have been struggling for long time now I've lost 15 pounds and want to stay on track hopefully the long haul!! Its nice to see others that have success with all the hard work! And your body looks amazing!

Keep at it! Don’t give up on yourself.
  • jaysgirl092516
    jaysgirl092516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring! Great job!!!
  • LammiHS
    LammiHS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the way you write this. With such honesty. And whilst you minimise what you have done which makes it achievable for others, it’s truly wonderful and you mustn’t lose sight of how well you have done. I am at the beginning of this journey, a similar one perhaps, starting at 243lbs 01/01/19. Having lost 15lbs so far your story has helped me to maintain my focus on my goals for the first 6 months of this year; to lose 42lbs. Thank you for sharing. And respect to you
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite transformations I’ve seen here!
  • palmuphandopen
    Options
    LammiHS wrote: »
    I love the way you write this. With such honesty. And whilst you minimise what you have done which makes it achievable for others, it’s truly wonderful and you mustn’t lose sight of how well you have done. I am at the beginning of this journey, a similar one perhaps, starting at 243lbs 01/01/19. Having lost 15lbs so far your story has helped me to maintain my focus on my goals for the first 6 months of this year; to lose 42lbs. Thank you for sharing. And respect to you

This makes me smile! So many times I would get discouraged at the rate of loss - you know it’s hard to see the bigger picture - so I would come here for inspiration and read transformations. So I’m glad it helped. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and do your best! You got this!
  • deeblues13
    deeblues13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • Rquigge
    Rquigge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You look great.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I started this January at 240 so I really feel like this could be me next year! I lost 40 lbs before but then gained 90
  • palmuphandopen
    Options
    clarkeje1 wrote: »
    I started this January at 240 so I really feel like this could be me next year! I lost 40 lbs before but then gained 90

Yes it totally can be you!
  • fireguy286
    fireguy286 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome. Well done. You should be very proud.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    congrats, did it mess up your tatoo or you are young enough it is ok?
  • Mir1515
    Mir1515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! And seriously, inspirational. My starting was 239 at 5’3”. After 6 weeks I’m down to 222. Happy with the progress, but wish I could snap my fingers and be done. Never dreamed this would be me, but 2 babies and life. *sigh* So thanks for sharing what a transformation a year can make! You should be SO proud.

But Also, does her tattoo look messed up to those of you asking? 🤣 She’s in a bikini. Look for yourself. And if you can’t tell from the pic obviously it isn’t too bad. 🤣🙄
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look wonderful!!!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    speechless!

edit: Okay, now that I've regained my speech, I just want to say you look incredible. Your post is one of the most helpful posts I've ever read on here.
  • poolplayer67
    poolplayer67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    xtf9kj30jmsd.jpg

So I started in January last year. At first it was just using myfitnesspal as a tracking tool with my goal set to 2 lbs per week. Tracking my food, I mean really tracking my food opened my eyes up to how I was eating and how I got to 240 lbs. In fact I was probably heavier than 240 when I first started but it took me a bit to drag out the scale. I did the following as well, but the one thing that remained consistent was tracking and logging my foods - which I believe made the biggest difference (no food restrictions, just trying to eat within my calories to get that deficit):

-I started at the gym with a beginner weight training guide and cardio
    -I switched over the to the (free) nike training app and did two plans of 4 and 6 weeks in duration
    -I started to run more on the treadmill as I got lighter and it didn't hurt so much
    -I started getting serious about weight training and did 5x5 stronglifts for 12 weeks (check out the resources online and the free app)
    -I spoke kindly to myself
    -I set milestone rewards for every 5 lbs lost in the beginning such as - buy a charm for my bracelet, get my nails done, buy a new piece of clothing, treat yourself to an at home spa day ... (after about 50 lbs lost I didn't do this as much but might start it up again!)

It hasn't always been easy and every day is not perfect. What I find is that consistency is key. If you have a bad day then leave that behind and don't let it sabotage your continued progress. I went from a size 16-18/xl to now a size 6 and a sm/m. I have so much more energy now! I have a routine, and I have renewed goals for 2019.

I just want to encourage anyone starting out that you never know how far you can come in a year, so give yourself a chance, don't give up on yourself and just do what you can each day until it adds up!

I'm excited to see where I will be next year! how about you?

You look AWESOME
  • jacobunum
    jacobunum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for your feedback 👍.
  • worm1957
    worm1957 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss!!! I just started this January and am hoping to achieve your type of success. Thanks for sharing.
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

-I spoke kindly to myself

YES!!!!! I'm 51 years old....and just starting to do this. It's a daily struggle.....but we are all so worth it!!! Negative talk is so toxic......but yet so hard not to do......

CONGRATULATIONS for speaking kindly to yourself :)

and of course for looking so fantabulous!!!

• palmuphandopen
    Options
    miralew15 wrote: »
    Amazing results!! And seriously, inspirational. My starting was 239 at 5’3”. After 6 weeks I’m down to 222. Happy with the progress, but wish I could snap my fingers and be done. Never dreamed this would be me, but 2 babies and life. *sigh* So thanks for sharing what a transformation a year can make! You should be SO proud.

But Also, does her tattoo look messed up to those of you asking? 🤣 She’s in a bikini. Look for yourself. And if you can’t tell from the pic obviously it isn’t too bad. 🤣🙄

Thanks - honestly you can do this, I remember getting to points and just feeling like when will I get to where I want to be. I get you on the two babies, I have two teenagers and carried the weight from my babies for long enough. I'm still a work in progress but for sure what I did on those days where I was impatient was come here and read stories of transformations or, just search for posts where people were feeling frustrated and there were words of encouragement. Make every day count as much as you can and you'll look back in surprise at all you've accomplished :)

I'm just ignoring the tattoo comments from people :D I'll let them draw their own conclusions, no need to feed into it :D is my opinion. Plus I'm not sure messing up my tattoo is a reason to not lose the weight... :)
  • palmuphandopen
    Options
    worm1957 wrote: »
    Awesome weight loss!!! I just started this January and am hoping to achieve your type of success. Thanks for sharing.

You totally got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!