Should I do higher calories?

Options
Hi! So I've been losing weight since July and am down 60lbs. I stalled out after Christmas (after I lost all my holiday gain lol) and switched to low carb and dropped 10lbs but now I'm kind of stalled out? I'm eating around 1280 calories a day and staying below 50 carbs but the scale has been stuck between 231 and 230.4 (going up and down) for like a week. Any suggestions? I know some people say 1200 is too low and to go higher but MFP has me at 1280 to lose.

Replies

• blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    About 1 - 1.5 a week. I haven't been exercising though, would that help?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    A week isn't long enough to tell, but if it doesn't move after 4 weeks I'd check your logging.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    blujp wrote: »
    About 1 - 1.5 a week. I haven't been exercising though, would that help?

I suspect you may have an issue with your logging. I notice your diary has a mixture of measuring methods -- you've got cups for some items and weights for others. Are you using a food scale?

A week without weight loss isn't really a cause for concern, but given that you had a stall around Christmas it may be worth double-checking your logging.
  • blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I do use a food scale for everything. Either it didn't give me the option to use grams or I was just lazy but I do use the food scale for all foods (like cheese says cups but I weighed it on the food scale). I guess I shouldn't say stall for Christmas - I def ate over my calories during that time and when Christmas was over I went back and lost the 10lbs I gained.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    blujp wrote: »
    I do use a food scale for everything. Either it didn't give me the option to use grams or I was just lazy but I do use the food scale for all foods (like cheese says cups but I weighed it on the food scale). I guess I shouldn't say stall for Christmas - I def ate over my calories during that time and when Christmas was over I went back and lost the 10lbs I gained.

If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about this week. When I was losing weight, it wasn't uncommon for me to have weeks where I didn't lose weight even when I did everything "right."