5’5” 125 should I loose more?

Options
How do I look? My goal is 118. That was my probably weight. That also was 11 years ago. I lost all the weight 6 years ago but then do to a house fire and some other tragedies in my life I went up to 180lbs. Just wanted opinions on honesty how I look now. I go to gym 5-6 days a week.
Thank you

Replies

• Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Both are within a healthy weight range for your height. You should only lose more if you personally want to weigh 118. That's about it.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    125 is fine for you. You look great. I'd call it good and continue to work in the gym, focusing on resistance training. Up your calories a bit at a time until you stop losing (or go straight to maintenance, your choice).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It’s really up to you. You could also do body recomposition if you are unhappy with your current body composition.
    I think you look great. That said I am also aiming to get to around 120 or at least until my clothes fit again. I’m just a tad shorter than you and I am starting to be able to wear some of my size 4’s again at 133.6lbs trend weight. I plan to stop when all my clothes fit again (really no point to go lower) and if that happens before I reach 120 that will be okay too.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    Why are you asking others about this.. It’s all about how you feel and want..

I only asked because a few people have told me I’m “too skinny “
  • AprilFlowersinPA1
    Options
    You’re not too skinny. You look nice, if you want to lose a few pounds I don’t think it will change your appearance all that much.

Do whatever makes you feel good.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I think you look very small. I don't think you "need" to lose more weight. I don't think you look "too skinny" yet either.

People made a huge deal when I dropped from 187 to 127. My grandmother (who told me I was "too fat") said I was "too skinny" at 127. I wasn't "too skinny" I was just a lot smaller than people were used to seeing.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    Why are you asking others about this.. It’s all about how you feel and want..

I only asked because a few people have told me I’m “too skinny “

Oh, your question makes sense now. I got the "too skinny" thing as well. As I started lifting heavier and building muscle, I also got the "women have curves, you're starting to look less womanly".

People tend to overshare their unwanted opinions. The "too skinny" thing often comes from others not being used to you weighing less. Also, depending on where you live, being overweight or obese is the norm so anyone who is of a normal weight is "too skinny". The only thing that matters is how you view yourself.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Options
    I think you look very small. I don't think you "need" to lose more weight. I don't think you look "too skinny" yet either.

People made a huge deal when I dropped from 187 to 127. My grandmother (who told me I was "too fat") said I was "too skinny" at 127. I wasn't "too skinny" I was just a lot smaller than people were used to seeing.

I think that’s what the problem is. I was 112 for many years before I had my son. I even dropped down to 102 from stress at one point. I feel great and have tons of energy now. I don’t know why I waited so long to get back into shape!
    Thanks everyone!!
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    “One can never be too rich or too skinny”
    I’m just joking :) I forgot who said that but I always found that funny.
    In all seriousness - doesn’t matter what others say unless they have genuine reasons to believe you are hurting your health - which judging by weight alone, you are not. So - you do you!!