Daily calories MFP Help

Options
This might just be me being really dumb but how do I change my Total Daily Calories? As I started with 1200 to reset my metabolism for 2 weeks and now I need to up my calorie intake and start putting on some muscle. If this isn’t the right way to go about it then any advice is most welcome :)
Thanks as always

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Reset metabolism. - I'm sure someone will chime in to explain how that isn't a thing.
    We can aid metabolism by just moving more each day.

Why did you think yours needed reset?

As for changing calories, go to Goals and change your weight loss goal per week there which will up your calories.
    Sometimes it's easier done on the full website. It's been a while since I changed mine but it used to let you choose/override calories.
  • shreddingtobeMrsHill
    Options
    Thank-you so much I just feel like I wasn’t getting enough per day to actually get results
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Reset metabolism. - I'm sure someone will chime in to explain how that isn't a thing.
    We can aid metabolism by just moving more each day.

Why did you think yours needed reset?

As for changing calories, go to Goals and change your weight loss goal per week there which will up your calories.
    Sometimes it's easier done on the full website. It's been a while since I changed mine but it used to let you choose/override calories.

Or you can just go to goals and change your daily calories to whatever you want them to be, rather than having MFP set it for you.
  • shreddingtobeMrsHill
    Options
    Thank you for that too all really helpful as I’m vegan too so I need to know how much protein I’m getting errrk!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that too all really helpful as I’m vegan too so I need to know how much protein I’m getting errrk!

Not sure if you mean that as another question? You can view your protein for each day in your diary (on the web) or under the nutrition tab (either from the main menu or the bottom of the diary page) in the Android app.