30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11 - Gearing up!

Options

Replies

• jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I just did my Day 1 workout this morning 8/22/11. I logged it on my exercise log as Aerobics- general, Does that sound right? Anyways... I'm here. I'm doing it. I'm stepping it up!!! :) J

Weight 8/22/11 - 176.4
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Purchased my 30 Day Shred video today and ready to start! I'll check in after I workout to let everyone know I lived through it!!
  • AlyssaAudreyAddelyn
    Options
    I'm in, will post stats tonight!
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I just did my Day 1 workout this morning 8/22/11. I logged it on my exercise log as Aerobics- general, Does that sound right? Anyways... I'm here. I'm doing it. I'm stepping it up!!! :) J

Weight 8/22/11 - 176.4

I think most people are putting it under circuit training. Don't know how closely they are related calories burnt wise to make that much of a difference though. Might want to check and if they are pretty close, use whatever you want.
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump! I just got this DVD in from Netflix. I plan on the first workout tonight. Will post stats later after work!
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    1) So today I'm 197.4. My measurements are:
    Bicep 12
    Chest 45
    Waist bb 43.5 (bb=around the belly button)
    Waist pl 44 (pl=pants line...almost right above the hips)
    Hips 45
    Thigh 23
    Calf 16
    Neck 14

2) Comments: I just did L1D6. It is getting easier! The initial jumping jacks/jump rope is very hard for me, but by the time we do them again at the end of the workout, I can do them SO much easier! The bicycle crunches STILL kill me! Simply cannot finish them all...just move into a regular crunch.
    3) NSV: Was told today by a platonic male friend how good I'm looking, a female friend told me my eyes looked beautiful today (probably doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, but still nice!), and the old comfy boxer shorts I've been having and wear to bed a lot are currently falling off my butt!

So how did everyone that did Day 1 go?! I'd love to hear your stories!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Today will be day3 on L1.
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I started a couple of days ago - Day 5 of Level 1 tonight :)

I found that I was really sore on the morning after my first go - ached in places I didn't know had muscles!! And that teaches me to think I'm farily fit just because I run quite a lot... I forced myself through day 2, though getting up and down off the floor was the hardest bit because my legs ached so much, but by day 3 and 4 it was getting easier even though I still ached. I did a 5k run on the day between workout 2 and workout 3 though, so that might have helped ease the muscles!

I'm using 1.5 kilo weights by the way, what are other people using?

I forgot to take starting measurements for my hips, waist etc but I'll do those tonight - do people use inches or cm on here? :)

My starting weight for the 30DS was 141 pounds.

Good luck everyone!
  • vastra
    vastra Posts: 36
    Options
    Ooh can I join please? I started 30DS a couple of days ago but I haven't completed a whole routine yet (I have M.E/CFS so I have to be careful) I am up to 20 minutes though so maybe today will be the day?! Anyway, it would be a great help to know that others are in the same boat.
    I am finding it very hard on my knees though and I'm not sure if that is down to my health or my weight, any one else over 200lbs (I am 210lbs) finding it tough on their knees?
    Good luck everyone!
  • jhamby5579
    jhamby5579 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in started on 8-22 but will post measurements etc, but want to see what everyone thinks of this its tough but you see the method to her maddness
  • jbgypsy
    jbgypsy Posts: 13
    Options
    Is it too late to join in. If not I want to start today. 8/23/11. Good luck everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I started a couple of days ago - Day 5 of Level 1 tonight :)

I found that I was really sore on the morning after my first go - ached in places I didn't know had muscles!! And that teaches me to think I'm farily fit just because I run quite a lot... I forced myself through day 2, though getting up and down off the floor was the hardest bit because my legs ached so much, but by day 3 and 4 it was getting easier even though I still ached. I did a 5k run on the day between workout 2 and workout 3 though, so that might have helped ease the muscles!

I'm using 1.5 kilo weights by the way, what are other people using?

I forgot to take starting measurements for my hips, waist etc but I'll do those tonight - do people use inches or cm on here? :)

My starting weight for the 30DS was 141 pounds.

Good luck everyone!

I'm using 3 lb weights :)
    Most people use inches I think but it's up to you.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    O.K.. I just got my Day 2 Workout done.
  • vastra
    vastra Posts: 36
    Options
    Ok, I just managed the whole level but I had to take about 2 minutes break at the 15 minute mark. Do you think that counts? Shall I take this as day 1 or should I try again tomorrow? Any thoughts?

I don't have any weights so I use baked bean cans :)
  • rah9306
    rah9306 Posts: 27
    Options
    is there a special diet to follow with the 30 day shred?
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group as well I just started the C25K program yesterday but I wanted to do another exercise to supplement since I'm only jogging only 3 days out of the week. I think 30DS would be awesome as I've heard many positive things. I'm planning to get the DVD and start tonight 8/23. So if it's not too late, I'll update my weight and measurements tonight after work. :smile:
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I started it yesterday?
  • carorb72
    carorb72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 - it's getting easy and actually goes by pretty fast. Before I know it I'm done!!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hope it gets easier!!! I found Level 1 for free on Verizon On Demand, which is nice, but I also dont have any instructions re progressing to the next level. Anyone know how long you are supposed to stay at Level 1?