60 Year Old Female

Options
At 60 still want to achieve my all time desired weight of 135. I was dangerously at diabetic levels which scared me into finally doing something about my weight.

Replies

• Marva258
    Marva258 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At 63 and retired don't do much walking. Must get my weight down since I have some things I must change.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 here, been on here over three years and lost 50lbs. It's a lifestyle change we can all do it. Stick with it and you will win through. Good luck
  • rachelstack214
    rachelstack214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need a lifestyle change! :-) you all are an inspiration!
  • dfphgfnd
    dfphgfnd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and widowed....Carrying a lot of extra weight that I don't want.... It's started impacting my life and my health....I'm glad to find others my age who have successful....I had the feeling I was too old to lose as much as I need to lose but you "losers" help me know that I can!!!
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    dfphgfnd wrote: »
    I'm 61 and widowed....Carrying a lot of extra weight that I don't want.... It's started impacting my life and my health....I'm glad to find others my age who have successful....I had the feeling I was too old to lose as much as I need to lose but you "losers" help me know that I can!!!

You certainly are not too old, if you can offer mutual support consider friending those of our age it helps a lot. From there you will pick up lots of tips from us that have been here a long time. Lifestyle changes that you will be able to sustain. Good luck you can do this .
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    I need a lifestyle change! :-) you all are an inspiration!

That's exactly what it is a lifestyle change withthe right support you can do this. Good luck
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is this board still open for discussion?
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wondering too if the ‘original’ folks on here are still using MFT and having success. 62 years old, started Jan 2, 2019 and down 15 lbs; but SO HARD. Have much more to lose to just ‘feel better’ and goal of getting off BP meds. Want to be an active grandma. Newly retired, started volunteer work. Joined a new discussion group and have a few ‘friends’ from there that are being supportive; but they are much younger and doing much more exercise and such than I am. Reply if still open and if anyone needs a supportive friend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,442 Member
    Options
    Wondering too if the ‘original’ folks on here are still using MFT and having success. 62 years old, started Jan 2, 2019 and down 15 lbs; but SO HARD. Have much more to lose to just ‘feel better’ and goal of getting off BP meds. Want to be an active grandma. Newly retired, started volunteer work. Joined a new discussion group and have a few ‘friends’ from there that are being supportive; but they are much younger and doing much more exercise and such than I am. Reply if still open and if anyone needs a supportive friend.

What Steve said, when it comes to active threads. Just in to encourage you to expect success, through persistence . . . a thing most of us are better at, as we age.

I lost around 50 pounds at age 59-60, still hanging around here, logging, chatting, and at a healthy weight at age 63.

You can do this: Best wishes!

P.S. 15 pounds is really quite a lot since January 2: Be careful! Muscle is harder to regain for women our age, so a good plan to keep as much as possible.