Feeling discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• TTF1985
    TTF1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I believe I've hit my plateau about 3 weeks ago and was feeling a bit frustrated. I've been at 192 pounds for 3 weeks after consistently losing 1 or 2 pounds per week. I'm so close to my goal (155 lbs). I fell off the rails in regards to my calorie goal on Sunday and Monday with stress eating. At least it was not sweets :wink: Any who, I made some adjustments to my carb intake from 50% to 40% of my daily intake and reduced my calorie goal from 1390 to 1300. I have to admit, it's been an adjustment and sometimes I feel hunger. So, I've been drinking water and chewing gum, but it's been a little rough. But, I don't know what else to do to break this plateau, On a good note, I've been doing pretty good with my steps and I've gotten in strength training a couple of times per week. Any support while I get over this hump would be greatly appreciated :smile:
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    TTF1985 wrote: »
    Good morning, I believe I've hit my plateau about 3 weeks ago and was feeling a bit frustrated. I've been at 192 pounds for 3 weeks after consistently losing 1 or 2 pounds per week. I'm so close to my goal (155 lbs). I fell off the rails in regards to my calorie goal on Sunday and Monday with stress eating. At least it was not sweets :wink: Any who, I made some adjustments to my carb intake from 50% to 40% of my daily intake and reduced my calorie goal from 1390 to 1300. I have to admit, it's been an adjustment and sometimes I feel hunger. So, I've been drinking water and chewing gum, but it's been a little rough. But, I don't know what else to do to break this plateau, On a good note, I've been doing pretty good with my steps and I've gotten in strength training a couple of times per week. Any support while I get over this hump would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Do you use a food scale? now, "plateau's" are normal and weight loss is not linear and sounds like you may have eaten maybe maintenance a few days so that can all explain water fluctuations and such.

But the first thing I do on a plateau is really review all my logging. am I accurate weighting everything that is not liquid (and some liquids I will weigh)?
    Am I using correct entries?
    am I correctly weight food pre cooking (or post cooking) as required?

maybe it's time to recalculate my goal in the diary settings?

but plateaus are normal and if all the above checks out...keep at it and it will eventually come off.
  • rachelpelucca
    rachelpelucca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Remember to give yourself time and trust in the process! It’s going to take time to notice changes and that’s ok! Right now make your focus feeling good and the rest will follow. You’re doing great!