Bored?

Options
Mprilly
Mprilly Posts: 56 Member
What do you do when you're bored? Or when you're surrounded by people but feel lonely?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Surf the net.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Scroll thru chit chat - this is as social media as I can stand
  • granitepeak1981
    granitepeak1981 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well I don’t have any advice because I’m in the same boat. Keep scrolling through these forums....been a rough couple of months
  • InsertFunnyUsernameHere
    InsertFunnyUsernameHere Posts: 271 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If you're bored, it means you don't have hobbies.
  • derekes1
    derekes1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to take pictures :). What do you like to do?
  • t00lz
    t00lz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This hits too close to home... when the feeling hits I try to learn new skills like baking (not the best skill to have now) or building stuff, and if I can get time I try to go out and do new things and just chat with others
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I read, also start writing sometimes. Like a stream of consciousness and just see where it goes. Bike ride, run, go for a walk, learn a new origami..listen to music...watch a movie. Dude...the whole world is just out there waiting for you.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I run. And run and run. And cook. And read. And wander to new places.

I also start asking questions to Alexa and read up on the universe. I've learned some cool ish.
  • THobson66554
    THobson66554 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    To RunnerGirl: Keeping busy helps stay in shape as you obviously are. No doubt you cook healthy food too.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    To RunnerGirl: Keeping busy helps stay in shape as you obviously are. No doubt you cook healthy food too.

I'm in a shape, and I do cook pretty healthy 😀
  • Mprilly
    Options
    If you're bored, it means you don't have hobbies.

So true! Ha ha! I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 4, so my hobbies are my kids. Lol
  • Mprilly
    Options
    derekes1 wrote: »
    I like to take pictures :). What do you like to do?

What do you take pictures of? Landscapes, people, etc?
  • DFTNicki
    DFTNicki Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    journal, chat with peeps on here, do some pilates or yoga, pinterest it up. I'm also currently reading...okay not currently....but I'm reading a book when I'm not at work.
  • Mprilly
    Options
    t00lz wrote: »
    This hits too close to home... when the feeling hits I try to learn new skills like baking (not the best skill to have now) or building stuff, and if I can get time I try to go out and do new things and just chat with others

Those all sound like good ideas! Thank you. And I'm up for chatting anytime.
  • Mprilly
    Options
    I read, also start writing sometimes. Like a stream of consciousness and just see where it goes. Bike ride, run, go for a walk, learn a new origami..listen to music...watch a movie. Dude...the whole world is just out there waiting for you.

I love it! Thank you. Yeah...I'm kinda new to the world. Ha ha! I got married at 18, had my first baby at 19, have been a stay at home mom ever since, and I homeschool. So, I haven't really done "me" yet.
  • Mprilly
    Options
    I run. And run and run. And cook. And read. And wander to new places.

I also start asking questions to Alexa and read up on the universe. I've learned some cool ish.

I wish I could get into running, but I hate it. Ha ha! I admire people that do it.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @cee134 wrote: »
    Make jokes about bread. Which is fine until my friends get offended. But since they are all sock puppets anyway I just laugh it off and tell them, well that's showbiz.

Sounds like your friend needs a backbone in more ways than one.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Bless you, sounds like you need to shake it up a bit! Do you ever get time off from the little people? I go through fads of being totally obsessed with things, my problem is I lose interest too quickly! My current distractions include diet and fitness (obvs), learning to read and speak Punjabi, building cabinets for my new house, cooking, guitar playing, finding new music on spotify oh and I just booked myself on two one day courses, one in plumbing basics and one on an introduction to AutoCad. It can be hard to find the time, granted, but it's so important to try and expand and learn and grow each day, even if it's only to do some internet research or something
  • Mprilly
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    Bless you, sounds like you need to shake it up a bit! Do you ever get time off from the little people? I go through fads of being totally obsessed with things, my problem is I lose interest too quickly! My current distractions include diet and fitness (obvs), learning to read and speak Punjabi, building cabinets for my new house, cooking, guitar playing, finding new music on spotify oh and I just booked myself on two one day courses, one in plumbing basics and one on an introduction to AutoCad. It can be hard to find the time, granted, but it's so important to try and expand and learn and grow each day, even if it's only to do some internet research or something

I don't get much time off from the kids. Ha ha. But yes, I definitely need to shake things up somehow! I love your attitude and how ambitious and determined you are to learn and grow! Thank you!