Replies

• cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just finished the workout!
    Starting weight 202
    I will update measurements...I haven't taken any yet

Comments:
    I was able to keep up pretty well for the entire time-except I had to catch my breath for a second doing the jumping jacks to jump rope or butt kicks whatever it was. I wish the abs were a little more intense but maybe level 2 will have more what I'm looking for. I also don't have dumbbells yet but I used water bottles to at least get the movements in.

NSVs: None yet!

EDIT: Oh! And as a reminder to myself to do it every day I changed my default picture to the DVD :tongue:
  • dreams88
    dreams88 Posts: 17
    Options
    Started my Insanity/Turbo Jam workout today.

Height: 5'1
    Current Weight: 170
    GW: 140

Waist: 36.5
    Hips:42
    Right Thigh: 22
    Left Thigh: 23.5
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Basically u post your starting weight and measurements and do the Jillian michaels 30 day shed every day and on each monday we post our weekly stats. Hopefully this helps good luck!!
  • graceea
    graceea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am making the effort to FINALLY start today!

I don't have all my measurements but I am 4'10" and current weight is 150.

I'll post measurements tonight when I get home!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 done! 181 calories burned!

Start weight: 143.5 lbs
    waist: 30.5"
    Hips & butt: 38"
    Belly: 34.5"
    biceps: 10"
    thighs: 22"
    neck: 12.5"
    Bust: 38"
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just completed day one level one! :)

1) Weight and measurements -
    *Weight - 150
    Did not do measurements yet; gotta go to my moms house and get the tape!

2) Comments (The good, the bad, the ugly!) Try to keep any moans and groans light hearted.
    I definitely thought it would be a lot harder because I tired p90x before and nearly died lol. This is a good/quick workout I know I can stick too. I also thought that my 2 lb weights would be too light but with the lunging and lifting and squatting my arms became tired lol Overall satisfied and can't wait to post some after pics :)

3) NSV (non scale victories)
    I did NOT eat the Doritos my dad bought when we took our nightly walk! so proud because I easily give in to temptation lol

GOOD LUCK everyone!!
  • change_happens
    Options
    Okay... I got it done.
    Starting 30 Day Shred @ 166
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3 and I weighed in at 157.5 today.

I don't have measurements handy, I know I have them recorded in my exercise binder but can't get to it at the moment. Soon! LOL
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just started this today. Glad to find this thread!

1)Measurements:

Height 5'5"
    Weight: 214
    Waist: 45"
    Hips: 49"

2) Comments

Tried to stick with it most of the way but had to stop a few times to rest. I have been walking/running/c25k for about a month before starting 30ds and this made sweat pour off of me. With the walking/running I don't sweat as much as this so I know this worked me out real good! Also my arms feel like rubber and I feel a bit nauseated which is kind of good since now I don't want to have any snacks like I always do around this time of night lol :)

3) NSV

None yet.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Are guys allowed to participate in this with the ladies? Asking because I just started this evening, just saw this thread while searching for how to count the exercise in terms of calories burned and didn't really notice any posts by other males.
  • rainbow52
    rainbow52 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my dvd today! Will start as soon as it gets here!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    BOY! Day 2 Level 1 was tough this a.m. after just doing Day 1 Level 1 last night! Shoulders and arms are sore now! Glad I have 24 hours till the next workout! Elliptical or Zumba tonight! Felt good to get up and workout again in the a.m. though. Hopefully my eating won't go crazy because of it. I tend tow ant to eat more when I workout in the a.m. GOing to drink lots of water to counteract it! Hope it works!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Are guys allowed to participate in this with the ladies? Asking because I just started this evening, just saw this thread while searching for how to count the exercise in terms of calories burned and didn't really notice any posts by other males.

In an earlier post she said "The more the merrier" and I'd like to have a guys perspective as well so please join us =)
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just found this post and I might be a day behind, but I am starting today. i really needed this motivation. THANKS!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BOY! Day 2 Level 1 was tough this a.m. after just doing Day 1 Level 1 last night! Shoulders and arms are sore now! Glad I have 24 hours till the next workout! Elliptical or Zumba tonight! Felt good to get up and workout again in the a.m. though. Hopefully my eating won't go crazy because of it. I tend tow ant to eat more when I workout in the a.m. GOing to drink lots of water to counteract it! Hope it works!

Day 2 level 1 was a little tough for me too and I didn't do mine back to back like you did. I did Day 1 at 4 am Monday morning and did Day 2 this morning at 4 am so it was exactly 24 hours apart and it was still tougher than yesterday morning it seemed. I did an hour on the Eliptical Crosstrainer last night and plan the same today. Like you, it felt good to get up and work out in the morning since that's not my normal routine, but I am praying getting out of my normal routine will get me out of the 4 week plateau. The down side is that any time i start a new work out routine I general hang on to the weight for a couple weeks before I start seeing a loss. I know this is normal but it still stinks when you've already been on a plateau for 4 weeks!

Be Shredded today!!! =)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 Done! Today after work I will complete Day 2 and add in Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I hope I can move tomorrow! :laugh:
  • change_happens
    Options
    I only burn about 167 calories each workout. Maybe just a little over... can't remember. However, I am thinking that I need to add more cardio into my day because the whole purpose is to see a change. If I just continue with Jillian that means I am going to have to lower my calories and I don't want to do that.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options

In an earlier post she said "The more the merrier" and I'd like to have a guys perspective as well so please join us =)

Cool!

Weight: 193 pounds
    Waist: 40.5 inches

Started last night with Level 1.
    First impression: It was a great workout. I was definitely feeling it by the time the last Abs set came up. I've been slacking for years on getting enough cardio and/or exercise in general and have been doing my own work outs (inconsistently) since I've been using MFP (55 days yesterday). I am kinda amped about continuing on with the 30 day shred as it is not terribly time consuming and the structure should keep my motivation up.

As far as logging the exercises in MFP, I'm using the category "aerobic - general"
  • daisies4444
    Options
    I started Sunday, starting weight 127.8, but as of today, Tuesday 8/23/11, I gained weight to 129.4. Don't know measurements yet.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    EpicSRT: Of course men are welcome, I think everyone will enjoy the male perspective on this workout!

Day 2 peeps: I noticed I had to take a few more 5 second breaks today, especially with the push ups!! I've NEVER been good at pushups even the "lady" pushups.

Group: does anyone know how to close the group? I'd rather keep it confined to all of us who started about the same time.