Weight/body fat

Options
Started working out again this week, how ever my weight has gone up 1.5 lbs but my body fat gone down 1% how is that possible?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Jayz395 wrote: »
    Started working out again this week, how ever my weight has gone up 1.5 lbs but my body fat gone down 1% how is that possible?

how are you measuring your bodyfat?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Not sure how accurate the body fat readings you are getting are. But when you start to workout again, you usually gain more weight because your muscles take in more water. If you gained weight from water retention but your fat amount remained the same, that means the percentage of fat you have as a percentage of your total weight is going down. Hence a lower body fat percentage.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Jayz395 wrote: »

Entirely possible as weight fluctuations are more related to water/hydration levels.
    Also entirely likely your device is giving you poor quality data.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If I was guessing I would say it could be water retention. Either way it's too small a sample size.
  • hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    There is no method of body fat measurement that can correctly tell you how much your body fat has changed in one week. Don't pay attention to whatever your scale or machine is telling you.

+1