6 pack goal

Options
I'm trying to see my 6 pack. I can feel it is there but it is hidden under the layer of fat/skin. Regularly doing abs exercise and running for cardio but nothig shows up. Any suggestions on how to get it visible?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    You just have to shed more weight. That is done by eating in a deficit.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    jgimbut10 wrote: »
    I'm trying to see my 6 pack. I can feel it is there but it is hidden under the layer of fat/skin. Regularly doing abs exercise and running for cardio but nothig shows up. Any suggestions on how to get it visible?

What is your BF% at the moment?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Small deficit, good lifting program, adequate protein.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options

Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and resistance training.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

You have to be leaner.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There is only one way.

Lose body fat. For most people that is the last place you'll store fat, so it takes a long time.

There’s another way.. head to the store and pick up some cold ones!
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    shenko_don wrote: »
    Get your body fat percentage down by eating cleaner. Also do all your abs exercises with weights

What does "eating cleaner" even mean ?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Get your body fat percentage down by eating cleaner. Also do all your abs exercises with weights

What does "eating cleaner" even mean ?

Eating less junk like pizza, burgers ice cream ect. stuff that are him in calories and of little nutritional benefit to you. Having alot more vegetables and counting your calories and balancing your macros to meet your caloric need

What if a burger or pizza or ice cream fits a person's calories and macros? :huh:
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    There is only one way.

Lose body fat. For most people that is the last place you'll store fat, so it takes a long time.

There’s another way.. head to the store and pick up some cold ones!

I like that kind of six pack.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Get your body fat percentage down by eating cleaner. Also do all your abs exercises with weights eating less calories than you burn

FIFY.

Can't that lead to skinny fat? I'm just curious. I see people who call themselves "skinny fat" (a low weight but still "chubby" looking). Doesn't that sort of counter eat whatever you want, as long as you're in a deficit, to lower body fat?

No amount of muscle will show if you have too high of a body fat percentage. While yes, it is also important to train and work those muscles, no amount of training will make abs visible if you have too much body fat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Get your body fat percentage down by eating cleaner. Also do all your abs exercises with weights eating less calories than you burn

FIFY.

Can't that lead to skinny fat? I'm just curious. I see people who call themselves "skinny fat" (a low weight but still "chubby" looking). Doesn't that sort of counter eat whatever you want, as long as you're in a deficit, to lower body fat?

People aren't skinny fat because they eat some pizza...people who are skinny fat are lacking muscle mass. And nobody is saying you just eat "junk" all of the time. Good nutrition is important for your overall health, but there's nothing wrong with having some pizza or whatever now and then. I just recently shared some pizza and beer with my trainer. He's lean AF and has visible abs and built like a brick house.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

FIFY.

No.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

FIFY.

No.
    Being under-muscled is a result of being under-trained.

Have a read of this guy's thread....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    starve.

Look, some people are gifted genetically with the leanness and find it easy to just diet down a bit and hey out comes the 6-pack. Others, we have to basically diet diet diet (as in be in a caloric deficit, not any specific clean or keto or whatever, just eat a whole lot less) until we hit the low % body fat where the abs will start to show.

I have a six pack under my fluff. My 2 pack never goes away it's always there and if I poke my stomach I can feel the rest under there, but I just don't have the level of discipline to diet down as much as I need in order to have them show. Plus I disappear and become teeny tiny.

Also - why?

Oh yeah and keep lifting as well as dieting. and dieting, and dieting.