Too slow for a "big girl"

Options
2»

Replies

• jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just tell them, "thank you for your concern, and I'll let my doctor know he may want to adjust his plan at your next visit, since he's obviously missing something." Then smile and more on to the next conversation.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Keep doing exactly what you’re doing!
  • jryepin93
    jryepin93 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ignore!!! I can totally sympathize. When I first started losing weight my mom would ALWAYS make comments about how slowly I was losing weight. I told her I only wanted to lose .5 to 1 lb per week and she told me that "I could lose at least 2 to 3 lbs per week..." uh NO, that's not how that works! lol So I've learned to just ignore her and focus on achieving my own goals at my own rate. Keep doing what you're doing!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would honestly 100% tell them to f#%k off. How rude! You are doing fantastic!
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss thus far! Just keep focused, stay positive and take it one day at a time. You will get there.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race....do it at your pace and what's best for you to stick with! I think you are doing great!
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the right attitude. Be proud of yourself! I definitely empathize with how you feel. I seem to be surrounded by people who are either doing fad diets or who don’t think I’m losing fast enough. Keep doing what you’re doing, and the rest will fall into place.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your friends and family have no idea what they're talking about. I would encourage you to not discuss your weight loss efforts with them. Just sayin.
  • atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3500 calories is a pound of body fat. So 2lbs per week is a 1000 calorie deficit every single day. Any more than that is insane and unsustainable.

I'd say ask anyone making comments where they're getting their numbers from, but really the best thing to do is just ignore them. You've discovered exactly the reason I learned to keep my lifestyle changes to myself, though. Some people are supportive, yes, but some are anything but and even if you can rule out deliberate negativity or resentfulness there is a LOT of misinformation out there that even the most well meaning get suckered into.

You're doing great, keep doing what you're doing. Remember, none of us exactly gained the weight overnight and so it'll take some time to get rid of it too. But the reason I love CICO is that even when it's slow going or if I regain a couple pounds, it's still all just math, there's nothing to second guess at there. Stick to it and you'll get results that nobody can deny.