Another MFP hack

Options
Jenneke0269
Jenneke0269 Posts: 28 Member
I strongly recommended everyone to change your email, username, and password for MFP. The security site HaveIBeenPwned? just sent out a notification that back on February 1, MFP was hacked and 143,606,147 accounts had their information stolen, mine among them. I'll be changing all my information when I get home to use my PC, I strongly suggest that everyone do the same.

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just got that email, too. Gotta love HIBP.
  • ImTechNerd42
    ImTechNerd42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The breach happened in Feb 2018. But still. I actually deleted my account last year, and then rejoined today. Maybe I'll do better this time.
  • BurningMyFat
    BurningMyFat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the same email. Luckily I was using an auto-generated, random password. Changed anyways for safety. +1
  • Xanadu2012
    Xanadu2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HIBP notified me today as well.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be like a life hack but for mfp. Like how having Premium allows you to filter FRs based on your own specific requirements for friendship, right @Caporegiem ?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be like a life hack but for mfp. Like how having Premium allows you to filter FRs based on your own specific requirements for friendship, right @Caporegiem ?

Well everyone knows that Premium members can't get their information stolen so it's sort of like that.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    typically these "hacks" aren't what people think of a hack (the dude sitting at the computer doing brute force hacking) - but rather exploiting a known vulnerability to access data
  • Yoyomam
    Yoyomam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My account was deleted, and not by me so had to start a new one 🙄🙄 all my progress pics and recipes, logs all gone.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options

In 2018, we learned that MyFitnessPal user IDs and passwords were compromised (see https://content.myfitnesspal.com/security-information/FAQ.html).

We responded swiftly to alert users and have since required all MyFitnessPal users who had not changed their passwords since that March 29, 2018 announcement, to reset their passwords. As a result, this list of passwords released from the 2018 breach is no longer valid because the passwords used before then were reset on MyFitnessPal.

We continue to encourage strong password practices including unique and complex passwords for all their accounts to enable users to further protect themselves.