Is eating fewer calories linked to having headaches?

Options
:sick: I started this program on Monday February 16th, the first day I went over my calories goal alittle, Tuesday I stayed within my goal....Then Wednesday I started to get a huge headache to which I had to start take advil to help with the pain...and I have had a headache ever since....nothing helps. Do anyone have any suggestions or tips for me? I know its only a short time on the program, however, I like my progress so far....I believe I may have loss 4 to 5 pounds this week..I don't want to give this program up...

Replies

• whatabelighter
    Options
    :sick: I started this program on Monday February 16th, the first day I went over my calories goal alittle, Tuesday I stayed within my goal....Then Wednesday I started to get a huge headache to which I had to start take advil to help with the pain...and I have had a headache ever since....nothing helps. Do anyone have any suggestions or tips for me? I know its only a short time on the program, however, I like my progress so far....I believe I may have loss 4 to 5 pounds this week..I don't want to give this program up...
  • Franm13
    Franm13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    THE only tme I get any headaaches is when I drink more than 2 cups of coffee. When I was eating before this diest - no headaches. With the diet andcoffee and exercise - headaches
  • 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I was getting headaches, but it was from sugar withdrawals.Yes, i know, withdrawals from sugar, sounds strange . I love my sweets, especially cookies. If it isn't sugar, it could also be lack of water. It takes a couples of days.
    I still have sweets just not everyday, all day, haha:laugh:

I hope that helps a bit. But if not, I sure hope you get the help you need to get rid of those headaches.

Denny
  • MiaEllie
    Options
    I heard that eating a couple of slices of cantaloupe (1/8 of a whole cantaloupe size slices) helps with headaches from low calorie diets. If you are getting these headaches often, maybe try to keep some cantaloupe pre-sliced in the fridge?
    I've been on 1200 cals/day for over a year now and I still get headaches now and then from the diet. If I don't have cantaloupe available, I eat another type of fruit. It seems to help.:flowerforyou:
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?? Dehydration leads to headaches, one of the early symptoms. Be careful if you like drinking coffee and other caffienated drinks, because they can contribute to dehydration.
  • Lilith_C
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?? Dehydration leads to headaches, one of the early symptoms. Be careful if you like drinking coffee and other caffienated drinks, because they can contribute to dehydration.
    Thanks for the reminder! I've had a few days of headaches. I have been relying a bit more on teatime for relaxing. Funny how I relax with caffeine! I think I need a glass of water right now. I may as well refill my water bottle. :drinker:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    Sugar withdrawal and dehydration, as someone else already mentioned. Drink a lot of water, and if it doesn't help hold on for a few weeks while you go through your sugar detox. I've detoxed from Coca-Cola and had killer headaches too!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    dunno if this applies to you, but caffeine withdrawal can cause killer headaches. (excedrin can help with this as it contains caffeine)

The other posts are true too- sugar withdrawal and dehydration can do it too-

it should go away in about a week if it is from caffeine- Good luck, and I hope you stick with us!
  • beagle595
    Options
    Also check your blood pressure... Especially if a hard workout is causing a migrane. And don't forget your water! I keep a 2 quart pitcher in the fridge... two young boys at home and my head isn't on straight most days... Try to incorporate 2 snacks in with 3 meals a day.. Spread out your calories. Might help with the headaches. Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Cheese,Pork,Caffeine are some of the foods that also trigger headaches....eat some fruit if you think you might need a bit more calories its all a science once you figure it out the headaches subside...also with us ladies TOM plays a key factor into some things that happen.:drinker: if your getting enough water and nutrition and u seem to still have the headache issue..you may want to see your doc for a quick visit....
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    Thanks for all your help....I have been drinking more water the last two days and its been helping...I also forgot that it could have been caffine withdrawal...I am a big PEPSI fan....:happy: