Salad

Options
Do the calories in a salad listed in the food log include dressing? Thanks.

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Only the person that created that entry will know what went into it. Weigh and log your own ingredients for your salad don't use generic or homemade entries
  • donnas1995
    donnas1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. When I do a find for "salad" there is such a range of calories for the different salads listed. I wasn't sure if the listing included dressing. So I will take your advice and list the dressing separately.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Unless you are logging a restaurant salad that has an existing entry, I would log each of your ingredients separately. That is the best way to get an accurate entry.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    donnas1995 wrote: »
    Thank you for the response. When I do a find for "salad" there is such a range of calories for the different salads listed. I wasn't sure if the listing included dressing. So I will take your advice and list the dressing separately.

That isn't what I advised weigh every ingredient of your salad and log it. Place a bowl or whatever on your scale and 0 it add lettuce or other ingredient log it 0 scale repeat process with all ingredients