Celery Juice

So I’ve read an article by the Medicinal Medium and I agree with him in terms of the liver being our central processing unit to help filter and detox our bodies.

However he is adamant about using celery juice to help aid the liver from being sluggish and restoring it to its optimal working condition - - which helps with weight loss.

I plan to start this “liver detox” with celery juice on Monday, to see if I feel any of the effects he explains.

Anyone out there have any experience with celery juice? Advice? Ideas? Comments?

Replies

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    The best thing about celery, nutritionally speaking, is it's fiber. It's one of the few foods out there where more than half of its carbs are fiber. Americans (don't know about other countries) notoriously don't get enough fiber for a healthy microbiome. I just don't get the whole "juicing" thing. Why waste the fiber in ANY food?

Yes to all this :)
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    How do you think DR. OZ makes so much money, he buys a product to sell, then blasts its miracle behavior on TV then saps buy into his product and he makes millions by slapping his face on some generic crap.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Psychic dude is also tied into Gwyneth Paltrow and all of her "Goop" woo bs, so OP, please, don't be suckered into believing crap like this. :'(

As others have said, if you like celery juice, drink it. But know that you are not doing anything special or insider-y for your liver or any other part of your body by doing so.

You would honestly get way more benefit from celery if you simply ate some, instead of removing the great part by juicing it. Celery has really good fibre content - all of which is removed by juicing it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Helpful tip;

When it comes to fruit and vegetables your body will benefit more from eating the whole lot (skin included where appropriate) than it ever will with juicing. This is because juicing strips the produce of many of their nutrients, especially fibre. That and drinking calories has a habit of not filling you up which can easily result in overeating.

If you enjoy celery juice then go for it, but you are kidding yourself if you believe it will help your liver to detox. If your liver is in that bad a state you need a doctor and not some celery juice.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I'd put it this way: Odds that your body benefits more from eating some common food in a different form than the natural-selection-tested way humans have eaten it for centuries or millennia? Near zero.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Here is a link to one of the many articles and videos out there one this....

http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice

And here's a link to one of the many articles and videos out there that show he's full of it.

https://www.inverse.com/article/40096-medical-medium-anthony-william

Great article.

Very suspicious that Amazon shows so many 5 star reviews. And at the bottom of the page of Anthony William's books are how to set up an Amazon giveaway to promote your book. I emailed the author of the article you linked to see if Amazon got back to her.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Here is a link to one of the many articles and videos out there one this....

http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice

And here's a link to one of the many articles and videos out there that show he's full of it.

https://www.inverse.com/article/40096-medical-medium-anthony-william

Great article.

Very suspicious that Amazon shows so many 5 star reviews. And at the bottom of the page of Anthony William's books are how to set up an Amazon giveaway to promote your book. I emailed the author of the article you linked to see if Amazon got back to her.

??? I see those announcements on Amazon about giveaways to promote the book all the time. I'm pretty sure those are routine messagesfrom Amazon to authors and publishers, not the other way around.
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    "Neither Anthony William nor Anthony William, Inc. is a medical doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner or provider"

Right in the disclaimer at the bottom of the blog.... pardon me if I call bull!