NEW TO THIS SITE, NO WILL POWER TO EAT HEALTHY

Options
Hey! I have no will power to eat healthy and have a good diet, No matter what I do. Please help.

Replies

• ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    Only you can give yourself the willpower. All of the comments or encouragement in the world can not make you want that, you need to want it for yourself.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I would just start out logging everything you eat. Once you see what you are putting in your body, you will want to change it.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Its damn hard but you do get used to it. Before I started dieting, I wouldn't eat any kind of vegetable and I wouldn't dream of eating salad :sick: But I soon realised that to get to where I wanted to be, I would have to suck it up and get used to it. Now I love them. I have vegetables and salad every day and I really really like them. If I can do it anyone can. Trust me
    x
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I would just start out logging everything you eat. Once you see what you are putting in your body, you will want to change it.

well said
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's your life, and no one can make these decisions for you. The question to ask yourself is - Do I want to be heavy? Do I want to be at risk of heart disease, diabetes, or other obesity-related health problems?

Is feeling good while I'm alive important to me?

Healthy food will grow on you in time, and within a year you will find eating healthy can be just as enjoyable as eating junk. Also, remember that most people who maintain a healthy lifestyle eat great 80% of the time, and junk the other 20%. You can be one of those people - if you want to.
  • dhortonb
    dhortonb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dont change your complete diet at once. Make small changes to begin with. I started drinking water instead of soda. Oatmeal for breakfast instead of sausage biscuit w/egg......mustard instead of mayo...apples instead of chips...etc...
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Agree with all above, no one else can 'make' you want to, it's all you I'm afraid. For me it was a photo and living in a town house and not being able to climb the stairs and talk on the phone without sounding like I was having an asthma attack.
    But - it really was the photo. I was huge and I looked huge and I felt huge, I looked like my dad (I'm female!).

That did it!

Sometimes I use a little thought power too. I imagine myself as I am now, all double chinned and squished features, rounded shoulders and unflattering clothes, I watch that picture. Then I make it go black and white and put it in the corner and replace the 'screen' with a new colourfull me. The one I want to be, the one I'm going to be. In clothes that flatter and fit. Well defined features and happy. That really helps keep me in focus.
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Try standing infront of the mirror naked...that usually scares most into healthy eating and exercise!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You first have to ask yourself why you want to eat healthy? It gets some getting use to and once you stick to it for a while it comes easy. You need to do this for you and nobody can really get you there until you are ready. You may be looking at this all wrong. Don't tell yourself that you you are going to never be able to eat foods that you love. Take it slow log everything you eat everyday, and it will become so much easier for you. Plus, what I do is leave my food diary open to the public and I am very HONEST in what I log, this helps me cause it makes me think twice before I eat certain things. Hope this helps
    Good Luck
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

THIS ^^^^

This is exactly what i did - i didn't drop stuff cold turkey and automatically start eating healthy.. it was a process. now i eat so much better bc i can see what is in my body. i don't limit anything completely, just eat in moderation and watch my macros and stay under my calorie goal. i still let myself have treats, just make sure it fits in my calorie goal.

you don't get will power from anyone but yourself.. something needs to click. i've said for years i want to lose weight and i'd exercise and i'd "diet" but it never worked.. not until something clicked did i realize what i needed to do (and finding mfp).

good luck!
  • jaimevondawson
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, so you are not alone, if that helps at all! We can do this!!
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    Hi,

First, why do you want to eat better? Ask your self that and from there 'how bad do you want it?'

Logging everything you eat for a week and really look at it. What is something you can cut out, replace, add, ect. for the next week. Do just that. Don't make a HUGE change or it will just suck. Build from that success to the next week. Soon you will be on a roll.

Good Luck