At home body weight workout suggestions

Options
almelly3
almelly3 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!

So, need to lose around 70 lbs. Been cleaning up my diet. Cut out soda and junk which was a BIG struggle for me. Drinking over a gallon of water a day. Lots of beans and veggies, brown rice instead of white, etc. Eating between 1000-1300 calories a day.

For exercise, I started slow in mid December with 5-10 mins yoga in the morning and evening 6 days a week and once on Sunday. I'm now up to 20-25 mins twice a day x6 days and once on Sunday. Additionally, just started the daily cardio workout app 2 weeks ago x3 days a week (M/W/F) it's 10 mins a day, 10 exercises for 1 min each with 3 sec rest in between. I've only lost 8 lb since I started working out so I'm looking for a way to get some more results. Also I'm getting really sick of yoga with Adrienne.

I'm looking for recommendations for at home body weight workout plans or any at home workout plan that could help shed some weight. I can't afford a gym membership or really any equipment and my space is limited in my apartment to the space a yoga mat can fit into.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: I live in upstate NY so it's still pretty cold and snowy out so walking or running outside most days just isn't an option.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Resistance tubes and bands are pretty cheap. Like $5-$20 each depending on resistance level and quality. You can find workouts on Youtube or at https://www.performancehealthacademy.com/exercises.html. I started with this one: https://youtu.be/ou0n5aO_K9Y
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    There’s actually quite a few options.

Phone Apps:
    Keep Trainer (not sure if it’s on Android)
    30 Day Fitness Challenge (there are free and paid versions)
    Workout for Women

Online:
    Fitnessblender
    Pinterest has tons of body weight workouts
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club is a free app and has a setting that allows you to choose body weight only. It's great, has heaps of content and how to videos.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    Nike Training Club is a free app and has a setting that allows you to choose body weight only. It's great, has heaps of content and how to videos.

Seconded
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    karld70 wrote: »
    almelly, seriously check out an app by mark lauren called "you are your own gym" (yayog). sounds tacky but its an excellent app with videos to show you every movement and uses only things you have around your house....such as doors towels, tables and chairs. the guy is an ex special ops instructor so he knows his stuff, its fully customisable for your ability and doesn't get you doing stupid moves that'll cause injury.
    i know this sounds like a sales pitch but i have used this app, and others and researched heavily and this is the one I always come back to...no gym required. have fun stay fit

LOVE this one. You pick what you do based on what you have around you (tables, chairs, whatever) as well as which level of fitness you are, how long you have to workout, etc. It's awesome. It had me doing pushups off a step (feet up, not hands) and all kinds of things I had no idea I could do.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Open Gym app is pretty good
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Check out Blogilates on YouTube -- all her workouts are free and mainly focus on isolations, so most of it doesn't require any weights. But they BURN and really do work.

Also check out the free 30 day challenge through The Betty Rocker. You sign up and she sends you a new workout every day, no strings attached. I did it and it was great! All of her workouts are designed for those who work from home, so no fancy equipment and a lot of bodyweight workouts. And if you don't have weights, she shows you how to use things around your house instead, like water bottles.