Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running ???

jsonnett02
jsonnett02 Posts: 110
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I am training for a marathon, so I have been doing a lot of running lately, many many miles :noway: Has anyone else out there know this....does running excessive miles build your muscles??? I usually run a few days a week a couple miles before, but now that I am getting in many miles a day, I am noticing my pants fitting a little snugger, undies not fitting the greatest anymore and my weight has increased a pound or two. :sad: Is it possible to be building muscle?? If you know anything or experienced any of this, please share :flowerforyou:

Replies

• I am training for a marathon, so I have been doing a lot of running lately, many many miles :noway: Has anyone else out there know this....does running excessive miles build your muscles??? I usually run a few days a week a couple miles before, but now that I am getting in many miles a day, I am noticing my pants fitting a little snugger, undies not fitting the greatest anymore and my weight has increased a pound or two. :sad: Is it possible to be building muscle?? If you know anything or experienced any of this, please share :flowerforyou:
  • I have been training for a marathon since November, and gained a couple pounds during holiday time. I managed to take those couple pounds back off, but I have been stuck at the same weight for over a month. I count my calories, and do my best to eat my exercise calories.... but still not much.
    I definitley understand your frustration.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    When I was marathon training, I gained about 5 pounds! Crazy, I know! Are you doing any weight training? I find that has really helped me! I'm training for a half marathon now and just running 3 days a week (FIRST training program). Good luck!
  • I am training for a half-marathon to run next month, and I haven't noticed weight gain, but I fluctuate quite a lot. My legs however are getting more muscular and defined! I'm on a running program right now, and Sunday was my first time ever running 10 mi. I think I can do the half with rigorous training for a month. Post your pictures of the victory ladies~:drinker:
  • I was able to talk to my coach yesterday and he said it was normal to gain a little and build muscle during the initial phase of training. So no worries it will even out. I was about to go crazy!!
    Yes, post pics of your victories!! I ran 9 miles yesterday, fist ever. It felt amazing :happy:
    Best of luck to all your training :flowerforyou:
  • I'm training for a half-marathon too! I just ran my first 6 miles. I'm on a running program, so i'll post pics! My race isn't until April 26. Good luck to everyone!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    I'm not training for a marathon - my goal this year is a 10k. But when I started running, I dropped weight fast. My underwear and pants are all too big for me, and my mom complains that I don't have my butt anymore (the one I inherited from her side of the family - big LOL). I run on average 15-20 miles a week. I have noticed, however, that my legs are more toned which is awesome!

I'm working on keeping my upper body in proportion with my fabulous legs! haha
This discussion has been closed.