Scale not budging!

Options
Andrea1024
Andrea1024 Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2019 in Motivation and Support
Please help! Any guidance or advice. My diary is public, you can see what I eat daily. My scale has not moved in two week and I feel like throwing in the towel. What can I do to fix this?? It is literally putting a damper on my entire outlook on this. I’ve come so far and I need to go further! Thanks!!

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Andrea1024 wrote: »
    Please help! Any guidance or advice. My diary is public, you can see what I eat daily. My scale has not moved in two week and I feel like throwing in the towel. What can I do to fix this?? It is literally putting a damper on my entire outlook on this. I’ve come so far and I need to go further! Thanks!!

first, 2 weeks isn't long enough to say it isn't working, you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks.

second, buy a food scale, cups and spoons aren't accurate, you're eating more than you think.

x100
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options

first, 2 weeks isn't long enough to say it isn't working, you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks.

second, buy a food scale, cups and spoons aren't accurate, you're eating more than you think.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Andrea1024
    edited February 2019
    Options

No, not the case at all. I am not doing this for only 2 weeks. I am at this for 3 years. I’ve lost 170lbs. I measure every single thing that I eat and I weigh all of my protein. I’m eating exactly what I think. My scale hasn’t moved in two weeks. It has always moved. I cannot seem to lose any more.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    iuw0gzy5gf08.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options

No, not the case at all. I am not doing this for only 2 weeks. I am at this for 3 years. I’ve lost 170lbs. I measure every single thing that I eat and I weigh all of my protein. I’m eating exactly what I think. My scale hasn’t moved in two weeks. It has always moved. I cannot seem to lose any more.

If that's the case, read this thread. It sounds just like you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • Andrea1024
    Options
    iuw0gzy5gf08.jpg

No- I’m doig this 3 years...
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2019
    Options
    iuw0gzy5gf08.jpg

No- I’m doig this 3 years...

Then you'd go to the part of the chart that says "more than 3 weeks."

Hint: the answer is a food scale.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
  • Andrea1024
    Options

Wow! Great reads! Thank you. I will look into this.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you cant lose any more because you need to be more accurate in your logging, now you're 170lbs lighter, you don't have as much leeway.
  • Andrea1024
    Options

you cant lose any more because you need to be more accurate in your logging, now you're 170lbs lighter, you don't have as much leeway.

Thank you! I will try my hardest to figure this out
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thank you! I will try my hardest to figure this out

we have helped you figure it out. you aren't weighing your food, therefor you aren't eating in a large enough deficit to result in weight loss.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So, my loss isn't as impressive as yours, but I've lost 39.5 lbs now, and am within a healthy bmi. I was pretty confused and frustrated about why the scale wasn't budging for me anymore as I started to get within about 10 pounds of my goal weight. I started using a food scale at the numerous suggestions made on the forums, and now I lose a little more than a half a pound a week on average, which is more than my target loss. Using the scale is pretty natural for me now and uses less dishes than measuring cups.

*edited to add "on average" and "as I started to get within 10 pounds of my goal weight"
  • Andrea1024
    Options
    Thanks to all who have replied! I recently went for blood work and it turns out I have hypothyroidism. As a result I am on synthroid which the weight is finally coming back off!
  • karld70
    karld70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    glad you've found the problem, sorry its not better news
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have replied! I recently went for blood work and it turns out I have hypothyroidism. As a result I am on synthroid which the weight is finally coming back off!

Awesome that you found the problem! Be sure to get your blood check frequently and listen to the doctor! Would recommend going to an endocrinologist if possible. GPs are good but don't seem to grasp everything. I have hypothyroidism as well and my endo knows me and how my levels are not a bit different than everyone else.