Frustration with plateau, questions

Options
bxzzano
bxzzano Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys. So I’ve been cutting back my calories and increasing my exercise a lot since Jan 1st. I’ve lost 17lbs but I’ve been at a plateau for the past couple of weeks. Every single time I weigh, I am at the exact weight down to the tenth. I’m not sure how there is no variation at all in my weight, especially down to that tenth. I’m starting to get frustrated, any tips?

I’m 21, 6’, and consume 2,100 calories a day

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am also one of those who says that a couple weeks is not a plateau and you should give it more time. However, I find it odd that your scale gives you the EXACT same reading every time as the human body tends to experience fluctuations from day to day. Try weighing yourself holding a heavy object, such as a 10 pound weight to "shake it up" so to speak. My scale will do this every once in a while where it will give me the exact same reading down to the tenth several days in a row and I know something is off. I will weight myself with a 10 pound weight then weigh myself normally and that usually fixes the problem.

Mine sticks for 3-4 days then drops it's been 4 days at the exact same reading so far I have done what you suggested above before but then I was unsure what weight to log that day and whether I was "cheating" or not I also get a 2lb heavier reading if I just get on without selecting my program (age, height etc)
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    I am also one of those who says that a couple weeks is not a plateau and you should give it more time. However, I find it odd that your scale gives you the EXACT same reading every time as the human body tends to experience fluctuations from day to day. Try weighing yourself holding a heavy object, such as a 10 pound weight to "shake it up" so to speak. My scale will do this every once in a while where it will give me the exact same reading down to the tenth several days in a row and I know something is off. I will weight myself with a 10 pound weight then weigh myself normally and that usually fixes the problem.

Mine sticks for 3-4 days then drops it's been 4 days at the exact same reading so far I have done what you suggested above before but then I was unsure what weight to log that day and whether I was "cheating" or not I also get a 2lb heavier reading if I just get on without selecting my program (age, height etc)

If you are recording what the scale says I would not call it "cheating" whether you had to calibrate it or not, that is your current weight. Have you tried changing the batteries in your scale to help correct the program reading? I have never used a scale program before but it should not give you a different weight just because you input your height... To me with all the issues you are having it sounds like you may need a new scale.
  • angelsja
    edited February 2019
    Options

If you are recording what the scale says I would not call it "cheating" whether you had to calibrate it or not, that is your current weight. Have you tried changing the batteries in your scale to help correct the program reading? I have never used a scale program before but it should not give you a different weight just because you input your height... To me with all the issues you are having it sounds like you may need a new scale.

It has a new battery there are 2 options to get weighed just get on it and it gives you a weight or select your program which knows your age, height and sex no matter what I'm 2lbs heavier when I just get on so now I just stick with the program method usually stays the same to the tenth 3-4 days in a row then drops was the 4th day today so if it doesn't drop tomorrow I'll be annoyed
    Edit to add: it's less than a year old
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

It has a new battery there are 2 options to get weighed just get on it and it gives you a weight or select your program which knows your age, height and sex no matter what I'm 2lbs heavier when I just get on so now I just stick with the program method usually stays the same to the tenth 3-4 days in a row then drops was the 4th day today so if it doesn't drop tomorrow I'll be annoyed

Do you still have the instructions that came with it? I wonder if you can re-set it somehow and/or re calibrate it?

ETA: Sorry about derailing the thread OP, I will stop now :)
  • angelsja
    Options

Do you still have the instructions that came with it? I wonder if you can re-set it somehow and/or re calibrate it?

ETA: Sorry about derailing the thread OP, I will stop now :)

Just had a look at the instructions there isn't any calibration instructions just initial set to set your program up 😓

Sorry O:P
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    Try having back to back refeed days, and take those days off the gym. 2100 calories is pretty low, and it’s been about 8 weeks. You’re glycogen stores are probably depleted, this will enable you to kickstart the burning process again. Did you start your cut at 2100 calories?