Stay at home mom with no friends for motivation...HELP!

I am a stay at home mom just recently and have gained 30lbs since I left my job! I don't have any friends where I live so I find it hard to stay motivated because I don't have anyone to walk or workout with, or hell swat the food out of my hand :s . This is the first time I have tried an online community, I am desperate. I am 5'2 and am now 364lbs with bad knees. I'll take anything, advice, workout recommendations, reading suggestions, kick in the *kitten*. Pretend I am an old friend and poke and prod me adequately pleaaaase!

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Hi ! I will befriend you and anyone else!
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Dogmom34
    Dogmom34 Posts: 9 Member
    Feel free to add me 😊 starting back up again.
  • TomtheNord
    TomtheNord Posts: 4 Member
    You can totally add me too. Lets all get healthy together!
  • Tiamarie619
    Tiamarie619 Posts: 9 Member
    Add me :) I'm also a stay at home mom and it's hard!
  • lindslaw18
    lindslaw18 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm not a stay at home mom but I have 2 kiddos and I've lost 80 lbs this past year. I had been doing really well working out and the last couple weeks I've fallen off the wagon mainly due to work schedule. I love to workout just busy schedule has made it hard lately.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I'm always on the keto soapbox but it's been a miracle for me. The big food industry in this country is out of control. Even the food pyramid was rigged to support the grain industry. Maybe one reason why people like me are type 2 diabetic and 100 lb overweight. Avoid anything marked 'lite', 'healthy', 'low-calorie', etc. Cereal bars, cereals like Special K, Lean Cuisines, even skim milk, they're all stuffed full of sugar. I've found keto easy because I'm satiated. I don't crave carbs anymore. Once you stop eating grains and carbs it's easy. I'm down 30 lb since January 1st and my blood sugar is terrific. At your weight you could probably lose 100 lb in the first few months. It's not for everyone, and you should get your doctor's advice first. But if you're interested, check out Dr. Ken Berry's videos on youtube. He's an M.D. with a lot of information to share. The best part about keto to me, is there's no one at the top of the pile making money on this. It's just the way we ate for thousands of years before refined carbs were invented. Also! Almost anything you can think of can be made keto with the right ingredients. Pizza, biscuits and gravy, cake, ice cream. You don't have to give up anything. It's given me a new lease on life, and maybe it can for you too.

Keto works great for some people, but not everyone is satiated by fat, and you can eat a whole-food based, healthy and filling diet while still eating moderate or even high carb. I lost my weight and have maintained it for 2 years so far eating @ 50% carbs. Everyone needs to find the way of eating that keeps them satiated, energetic, and happy at the right calorie level. For some it will be low carb, for others just the opposite, or anything in between.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    I am a stay at home mom just recently and have gained 30lbs since I left my job! I don't have any friends where I live so I find it hard to stay motivated because I don't have anyone to walk or workout with, or hell swat the food out of my hand :s . This is the first time I have tried an online community, I am desperate. I am 5'2 and am now 364lbs with bad knees. I'll take anything, advice, workout recommendations, reading suggestions, kick in the *kitten*. Pretend I am an old friend and poke and prod me adequately pleaaaase!

Hi new friend :)
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me as a supportive friend.
    Marg :)
  • Mardill

Message sent
  • Mardill
    AprilMLowe wrote: »
    Hi ! I will befriend you and anyone else!

Message sent. :)
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Back during my active weight loss phase I didn't have anyone around me in real life who was also losing weight (besides the family members who were habitual yo-yo dieters). I got plugged into an online community and that was very helpful, definitely stick around here and connect with others!

Also, there's a large group of successful maintainers that hang out here and they're a wealth of info :)

Welcome!
  • CMarcellus18
    CMarcellus18 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Another stay at home mom here, with a very small support system (hubby). I don’t know how to add friends so feel free to add me, and if anyone knows how to add and wants to drop some knowledge on me that would be great.
  • gailtorres643
    gailtorres643 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello also stay at home mom! Trying to get connected to some people for some motivation! Feel free to add me!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Feel free to add me also. That goes for anyone. :smile:
  • sjgirl06
    sjgirl06 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey add me, I’ll be your friend !

I’m not a sahm, but I have 2 small kids.

I’m doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Have you tried it?
  • UmThatsMyCookie
    UmThatsMyCookie Posts: 19 Member
    Feel free to add me, and anyone else can as well. Not a stay at home mom, but will gladly give a kick in the *kitten* and want the same!