Should I get Lipo??

Options
I have been using MYP and exercising like crazy and have lost 38lbs in 14 months. I still have 20ish to go. The thing is, the roll of fat on my abdomen WILL NOT BUDGE!! It’s right under my belly button and it is the only place I have not lost inches from. I’m getting discouraged. I think it’s here forever even if I lose the last 20, so I think I need to liposuction it. Anyone lose their weight and not lose that stubborn roll? Is lipo the only way? Anyone lose weight and actually get a flat tummy back on their own? Its not really stomach, it’s the abdomen area. Ugh. Advice please and thank u!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It might come back.
  • Giovanna9563
    Giovanna9563 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Why would you think you wouldn't lose it with your last 20? The belly is often the last place to go.
    I feel like because I havent lost one inch from that area with all the weight Ive lost its permanent maybe? I don’t know!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the lipo, but as others have said the stomach is the last place to go.

An aunt I have did lipo on thighs and abdomen - but gained all the fat back because didn't diet.

I don't know about what people said above re getting loose skin because of lipo etc - perhaps go and talk to a lipo clinic and ask all about that kind of stuff before making a decision?

I have a double chin that never ever goes away regardless of how thin I get. I have considered lipo-ing my fat pocket under the chin (nowhere near as much fat as on a stomach of course). But expensive! If wasn't expensive I probably would have done it already!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why would you think you wouldn't lose it with your last 20? The belly is often the last place to go.
    I feel like because I havent lost one inch from that area with all the weight Ive lost its permanent maybe? I don’t know!

Where exactly on your abdomen do you measure? You really have to be attentive to tape placement. Sometimes I cant get the same number twice in a row.
  • Giovanna9563
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Where exactly on your abdomen do you measure? You really have to be attentive to tape placement. Sometimes I cant get the same number twice in a row.

It’s def the same place. I go 2 inches under my belly button and measure around that way. I do my waist as well which has lost inches. It’s only the abdomen that is not budging.
  • Giovanna9563
    Options
    Are you male or female?

The position of your womb, combined with the shape of your spine can mean you will never be able to get a flat stomach as your body shape isn't set up that way, a bit like the whole thigh gap thing its genetic,

As a Man I don't know for sure but I guess the same applies with the spine shape affecting how your belly looks,

When I got down 10st 7 for my wedding, my tummy was almost flat, but I still had a small pouch under my belly button which was "soft", my trainer told me it was just how my body is shaped and that I would have to significantly reduce my body fat % to professional athlete levels to get a flat stomach

I was tempted by lipo, but how often do you see a famous person in OK showing an incredible body post lipo, then 6 months later back to how they were? Its a temporary fix

To shift fat from any part of your body, you need to focus on reducing your body fat % not just losing lbs, I am not trained or qualified to give advice on how to do this, I follow guidance from a trainer, its best you seek out professional advice on diet and exercise to shift body fat for you,

What works for me, is cardio 3-5 times a week (usually an hour sometimes more if I'm doing a long run) and weight / resistance training 3 times a week, the cardio burns fat, the weight training helps tone up my body. Food wise I eat two low carb, high fat meals a day with two protein based snacks and an evening meal which is low fat high carb for post training

Alchohol plays a big factor in retaining body fat, you can be losing lbs but holding fat around your belly if your still drinking reguarly, I drink once a week and focus on clear spirits rather than beer so that I can still enjoy my weekend treat

Thank u so much for taking the time to respond. I’m female, and it is the same area U said, the “pouch” under the belly button. I get there will always be something there, but this def needs to lose a few inches. I do cardio like u 4-5x/week, count calories religiously (like I said, I lost 38lbs so far,) and strength 2x/week. I will up that count on my total gym to 3x and see if that helps. Also, once a week I do have a martini maybe 2, but those days I drink my calorie allotment so I don’t go over.
    Others have said lose the last 20lbs and see what happens, so I have been inspired to wait and be a little more patient with the lipo. I’m just so frustrated because even after losing the weight, seeing this roll of grossness makes me feel like I’ve accomplished nothing.
    Thank u again for your post back.
  • StephSuter2508
    StephSuter2508 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much for taking the time to respond. I’m female, and it is the same area U said, the “pouch” under the belly button. I get there will always be something there, but this def needs to lose a few inches. I do cardio like u 4-5x/week, count calories religiously (like I said, I lost 38lbs so far,) and strength 2x/week. I will up that count on my total gym to 3x and see if that helps. Also, once a week I do have a martini maybe 2, but those days I drink my calorie allotment so I don’t go over.
    Others have said lose the last 20lbs and see what happens, so I have been inspired to wait and be a little more patient with the lipo. I’m just so frustrated because even after losing the weight, seeing this roll of grossness makes me feel like I’ve accomplished nothing.
    Thank u again for your post back.

I agree, complete your weight loss journey because you will probably end up surprised at just how much difference the last few lbs go, you have lost an astonishing amount so far, be proud!

I tore a ligament in my knee and had to stop training (but didnt stop eating) so I gained 20lbs which I am now working to get back off, the first area that I gained weight was my belly followed by my legs, I figured the weight is going to come off in the same order, stomach last, but like you my waist has gone down just not my pouch lol

• StephSuter2508
    StephSuter2508 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    o and for the record, I am pro plastic surgery, I have had some done myself and I wouldn't hesitate to get more done if I felt the need. Lipo for me is personally a no go, as it isn't a permanent solution, but something like a tummy tuck post children I wouldn't write off, as removing excess skin can only be done via surgery.
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have been using MYP and exercising like crazy and have lost 38lbs in 14 months. I still have 20ish to go. The thing is, the roll of fat on my abdomen WILL NOT BUDGE!! It’s right under my belly button and it is the only place I have not lost inches from. I’m getting discouraged. I think it’s here forever even if I lose the last 20, so I think I need to liposuction it. Anyone lose their weight and not lose that stubborn roll? Is lipo the only way? Anyone lose weight and actually get a flat tummy back on their own? Its not really stomach, it’s the abdomen area. Ugh. Advice please and thank u!

So late to the party...what did you decide? I'm thinking about this myself. I originally got to my goal weight and still had the fat pad on my and and jiggly arms...
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 What about cool sculpting. Does that work. Only the shadow knows or maybe your neighbor. :#