What was YOUR final straw to finally make a change?

Replies

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Final straw to make me get back to it . . . I discovered the other day that 5'8" me, where'd only 12 pounds less than my 6'2" husband. I use to weigh 85 less but he's lost weight seems I've gained it.
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    The day I had to squeeze into a booth at a restaurant.I knew that was it,no more!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Realizing I was wearing the same size of clothing my mother wore. Size 16. Our body shape very different, but non the less over weight. UGH Working at seeing size 8 again.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    shan_reg wrote: »
    A true friend of mine I played football with in college called me after seeing a pic of me on FB. He essentially said three things - you’re not playing football anymore, you don’t have to eat like it’s a union job, and if you don’t get your crap together you’re going to be dead in 10 years. Now mind you there are about three people in the whole world that could have said that to me without risking their lives. He’s one of them. He then turned me on to MFP and the rest is history as they say. I’ve thanked him often for the kick in the seat and the tools he gave me to help save my own life.

dlz4a5c37dh6.jpeg

wow amazing difference
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    @Silent_Soliloquy First and foremost, you're doing great! Second, that was not a friend. Friends don't do that.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Being bedridden.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2019
    I historically have been thin. I was a heavy smoker for many years. After I quit, I gained a million pounds. OK, maybe 70 or so. OW! Being fat hurt! I carried most of the weight in my belly so bending over hurt like hell. Long story short, I hated the pain of the extra weight, complained to my doctor who sent me here and lost the weight. Kept it off, too. I guess my tipping point was the pain and discomfort of all those extra pounds. Thank God for MFP!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I lost 40 lbs 5 years ago and last year put 25 lbs back on, I was so depressed, I had a flu and couldnot eat for 7 days then got my appetite back and could not quit eating and adult kids upset me also and I am an emotional eater and knew I was going to doctor for physical and so got myself on low carb diet and got the weight off July-October, I lost 30 lbs. I am so much happier.
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    shan_reg wrote: »
    A true friend of mine I played football with in college called me after seeing a pic of me on FB. He essentially said three things - you’re not playing football anymore, you don’t have to eat like it’s a union job, and if you don’t get your crap together you’re going to be dead in 10 years. Now mind you there are about three people in the whole world that could have said that to me without risking their lives. He’s one of them. He then turned me on to MFP and the rest is history as they say. I’ve thanked him often for the kick in the seat and the tools he gave me to help save my own life.

dlz4a5c37dh6.jpeg

wow amazing difference

Thank you. Forever a work in progress.