Coffee substitute?

Options
Looking for a coffee substitute for my iced coffee! Currently use half and half, unfortunately lactose has started to disagree with me! :( looking for something with similar thickness

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Almond milk? Coconut milk? Soy Milk? (as in INSTEAD of the half in half not instead of the entire coffee)
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I recently tried unsweetened cashew milk in mine and like it a lot more than the almond milk I was using
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Oat Milk? It's the closest thing I've bought to normal milk without having a weird taste to it.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Oat milk is probably the sweetest of the various non-milk alternatives. But I would also note that not all oat milks are the same; I adore Oatly's Barista Blend but am 'meh' on other oat milks. Similarly, there are almond milks I like and others that taste like weird almondy water. So don't give up on any particular type of non-dairy if you don't like the first one you try :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    What about lactose free milk? Lactaid or fairlife makes whole milk.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Black?
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    caffeine pill.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    caffeine pill.

LOL That's what I was gonna say.

The other idea I had was coffee shot (or two) added to a lactose free protein shake (natural or perhaps vanilla flavoured)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    kemoon0915 wrote: »
    I recently tried unsweetened cashew milk in mine and like it a lot more than the almond milk I was using

Cashew milk for sure. I like the thickness.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like coconut coffee cream, it’s very similar to half and half consistency, thickness and texture. So Delicious has a good one.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Anything other than rice milk.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I carry a few coffee beans in my pocket and just crunch them when I need a "pick me up". Can be addictive...
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm a big coffee drinker. I will always have either a home made latte with 2% milk (a little less rich than half and half) or an iced coffee once a day. I used to have three of these a day, so feel pretty accomplished that I could cut back. Then I drink calorie free iced tea with lemon to fill me up and keep a little of the caffeine withdrawal at bay. It's not the same, but it was my solution.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I carry a few coffee beans in my pocket and just crunch them when I need a "pick me up". Can be addictive...

The chocolate covered espresso beans are particularly so .... (but you'd need to carry them in a small mints tin or bag so they wouldn't melt :D)