Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Nutrition challenge
    I always read the labels. Sodium is really important to me as I have been off my bp meds for almost 6 months and I don't want to get back on them. Also, carbs are extremely important to me too when determining if I am going to buy something or not.

Week 1 Mind/body/spirit challenge:I think we all deserve to do this EVERYDAY :)

I just got back from a 20 minute walk. It was completely random, no music, no hrm, no sports bra...lol Just me and nature. After I took my daughter for a walk, I decided to complete the last challenge. I really need to clear my mind. Its not 100 per cent clear, but its not as cloudy as before the walk. I would have walked longer, but the storm is coming and I didn't want to be too far away from home and get caught in the rain.

I will do the workout challenge later today! :)

Great job!!! When I read this I just thought of the song that goes "if you love Pina Colodas and getting caught in the rain"..lol
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    just checked in for the week!

Fitness: I'm about to go whip out the dumbbells as we speak!

Nutrition: Since joining MFP I have been a lot better at reading labels, mostly because I like to watch my sodium and carb/sugar intake. Whoever is grocery shopping with me gets annoyed because I could literally spend hours in the store!! but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Mind/Body/Spirit: Well, I am currently on vacation right now so I have not had any trouble taking time for myself :) I am lucky enough to be able to go to the beach everyday and bask in the sun reading a good book, so I will count that for this week!

I know !! My son hates going to the store now.....he hates that I read all the labels...lol...at least they dont want to go and ask for something now :)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Week 1 check in:

Absolutely love this challege! Will definitely do the bath...how many times a week do we have to do it? Every day?? :0)

Very stressful week ahead of me but I’m confident that I will reach my goal and weigh 149 by the end of this week!

I have a great buddy! Thank you! We’ve already exchanged numbers and facebook!

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Ok to the one's that have checked in could you send me your wrist & forearm measurement?? I am going to have all of our starting percents to have a more accurate account of how our body is changing.....I just added it to the check in form.....Love you guys!!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Week 1 check in:

Absolutely love this challege! Will definitely do the bath...how many times a week do we have to do it? Every day?? :0)

Very stressful week ahead of me but I’m confident that I will reach my goal and weigh 149 by the end of this week!

I have a great buddy! Thank you! We’ve already exchanged numbers and facebook!

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress!

you can do it how ever often you want... :) Im doing everynight! :)
  • clong1985
    Options
    Just weighed in and filled out the check-in form for the first time and I am excited to start this challenge saying I lost 0.8 lbs! Not much, I know, but I haven't really been in the 150s for long in quite awhile. This also means I lost that extra 3 lbs I had acquired on my honeymoon! :embarassed:
    I like that the challenges this week focus on mindfulness. I haven't figured out how to incorporate the rows yet, just since I don't really have an established strength training routine at the moment, but I'll figure it out. Is there a way to do this with resistance bands? I have some nice free weights but they are unfortunately holding up my broken futon until I move in October and can get rid of the furniture! LOL
    The nutrition challenge comes at a good time as well. I had been controlling my calories by relying heavily on Lean Cuisine frozen meals the days I work. Which, granted, is much better than walking next door and eating at Papa Ginos. But I've been trying to start preparing my own meals this week, even if it's just finger food like crackers and cheese or tuna, fruit and veggie sticks, roasted almonds, etc. I will keep working on this!
    The mind/body thing sounds nice. I already use my walking workout as a time to enjoy nature AND devour audio books, so the relaxing walk idea probably would be a cop-out for me. The long hot bath and book sounds nice, maybe some candles and music too... Guess I better clean my tub though, we have awful hard water stains! Who knew Bombshell Bettys would get me to pick up my house too? :)
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I am so ready to get going on the week 1 challenge. I do Chalene Extreme, so I'm not really going to worry abou the rows so much. As for labels, I definitely ready labels a lot more now that I'm on MFP than I had in the past. Still working on decreasing sodium and sugar levels. Some days I do well others, not so much. My whole philosophy on losing weight this time is not to so much give up things I love, just to eat them in moderation. This is the only way I feel I will be able to accomplish my weight loss and to maintain it for the rest of my life. I've lost weight in the past by giving things up, but it hasn't stayed off because I get fed up with not being able to eat what I want. I will be sending my wrist and forearm measurements to you soon!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well I'm weighing in at my lowest weight in 18 months and I hope that the scales are starting to move down again! I'm sitting at 141 and I'm hoping that this first week will see me break into the 130's for the first time in a long while - it would be a great motivator for me. Well it;s down to me so I'll be getting my butt moving as soon as I can get away from this desk in an hours time :happy:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Ok to the one's that have checked in could you send me your wrist & forearm measurement?? I am going to have all of our starting percents to have a more accurate account of how our body is changing.....I just added it to the check in form.....Love you guys!!

Just submitted my measurements. are we going to have to measure every week or just at the beginning and end of the challenge?
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Just weighed in and filled out the check-in form for the first time and I am excited to start this challenge saying I lost 0.8 lbs! Not much, I know, but I haven't really been in the 150s for long in quite awhile. This also means I lost that extra 3 lbs I had acquired on my honeymoon! :embarassed:
    I like that the challenges this week focus on mindfulness. I haven't figured out how to incorporate the rows yet, just since I don't really have an established strength training routine at the moment, but I'll figure it out. Is there a way to do this with resistance bands? I have some nice free weights but they are unfortunately holding up my broken futon until I move in October and can get rid of the furniture! LOL
    The nutrition challenge comes at a good time as well. I had been controlling my calories by relying heavily on Lean Cuisine frozen meals the days I work. Which, granted, is much better than walking next door and eating at Papa Ginos. But I've been trying to start preparing my own meals this week, even if it's just finger food like crackers and cheese or tuna, fruit and veggie sticks, roasted almonds, etc. I will keep working on this!
    The mind/body thing sounds nice. I already use my walking workout as a time to enjoy nature AND devour audio books, so the relaxing walk idea probably would be a cop-out for me. The long hot bath and book sounds nice, maybe some candles and music too... Guess I better clean my tub though, we have awful hard water stains! Who knew Bombshell Bettys would get me to pick up my house too? :)

Any loss is awesome :) yes if you use the bands just put under your foot....like this:
    single-arm-row-with-resistance-band-1.jpg

Your doing GREAT!
  • mistyb47711
    Options

Just submitted my measurements. are we going to have to measure every week or just at the beginning and end of the challenge?

the wrist and forearm will be every week and I will be adding other measurements as an option.....it was about half and half on the other measurements so Im just going to add it to the form as an option :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options

the reason for this is so I can calculate body fat percentages for the 4 weeks......
  • karenzephyr
    Options
    Thanks! When I saw Alceid naked on True Blood- I was pretty sure it would count :-)

Shopping today- already pretty good w reading labels- My 6 year old son and I always read cereal labels together- the deal is I'll buy any cereal w out high fructose corn syrup and below 6g of sugar.

I'll do the fitness challenge every day- gotta get some weights though- I used quart jars of home made sauce yest! haha. Any suggestion on weight of weights?
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Thanks! When I saw Alceid naked on True Blood- I was pretty sure it would count :-)

Shopping today- already pretty good w reading labels- My 6 year old son and I always read cereal labels together- the deal is I'll buy any cereal w out high fructose corn syrup and below 6g of sugar.

I'll do the fitness challenge every day- gotta get some weights though- I used quart jars of home made sauce yest! haha. Any suggestion on weight of weights?

lol...Im gonna have to look that movie up :).....good job with the deal you have worked out with you son..Im gonna have to try that.
    The weights that I use is 3lbs and that is because that is what I have from my 30 day shred pack...My hubby has bigger ones so I will have them handy to see if I can use them....he used those metal ones from walmart....another idea is you can use milk jugs...just weigh them on a scale that way you know how much you are lifting (Im such a miser when it comes to buying stuff) lol
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    all weighed-in and measured yay! seems i lost my hip bones somewhere over the years, must have accidentally left them in 1988.

this is gonna be great motivation!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options

the reason for this is so I can calculate body fat percentages for the 4 weeks......

I would only like to submit mine again at the end of the challenge.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Ah I love True Blood, it's a toss up between Eric and Alcide for me, either would do nicely :love:
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    •An Exercise Challenge - I just bought some 2 lb dumbbells to add to my run in the morning. This is currently my fourth day on weight lose challenge and seem to being feeling better. I run each morning and it give me a lot of energy throughout the day.

•A Nutrition Challenge - All I ever do is look at the calories. I also try to get food that looks good to me, not just because its low in calories. I've been trying a lot of different healthy choice options, but noticed they are high in sodium. If anyone has some good meals that are low in calories and low in sodium, please let me know.

•A Mind/Body Challenge - I get 15 minutes to myself, with no cell phones, kid, or husband. I find it really relaxing to take time from everyone and just listen to my ipod. Very relaxing.
  • mistyb47711
    Options

I would only like to submit mine again at the end of the challenge.

That is my plan :)
  • Confettiiii
    Confettiiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey all, i'm going to take my measurements in a second, when i can get the boy to help me :)

Fitness - Just about to do this, i normally just do exercise videos which is mainly cardio so this will be a nice change/addition.

Mind/body - Sadly we've only got a shower in our house, no bath tub. Instead i'm going to put on a face mask and watch new zealand's next top model tonight :)

Nutrition - I'm definately gonna be focussing on this when I do my food shop this week. I focus so much on calories that sometimes I eat hardly anything but its really fattening things.

Oh and if anyone wants to add me that'd be great. It's always nice to meet new people :)