Shoes or a Dishwasher

Options

Replies

• The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    Options
    I don't mind being a dish washer so I'll go with the doc martens but without the heels because I don't want to be walking like a newborn calf.

I get what you’re saying, but the visual it conjures is all cute and Bambi-like

I just meant that I don't think I'd be able to walk with them :D unless I just stand...or sit.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    For me, with two kids both involved in after stuff/sports and their age difference is too much for them to ever be on the same team, both of us working, we are constantly busy, and we don't eat out much there are a lot of dishes to wash. There's just no way I could prioritize shoes that weren't necessary for work over a working dishwasher.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dishwasher. Way more practical. I don't use dishwashers often but I like my appliances to be functioning if I want to use them.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I was gonna cast my vote for "Dishwasher" (because, practical!) until I saw "...Docs" and let's be honest, you knew the answer to this question before you asked it

(always get the Docs)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Those just don't feel like Docs to me. They feel like a bad mix of punk and posh and that you could get a better version of either one elsewhere. But I am a footwear snob.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Those just don't feel like Docs to me. They feel like a bad mix of punk and posh and that you could get a better version of either one elsewhere. But I am a footwear snob.

It's not about whether YOU like the shoes, Swanny.
    Personalize it with something you would really love to have that isn't very practical.
    And ask yourself: Would you pick that over a practical item?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Personalize it with something you would really love to have that isn't very practical.

No. I am pretty sure it's about whether I like the shoes. I have no problem choosing shoes over a washing machine. I would totally do that. I just would not do it for THOSE shoes. And neither should she.
  • striving4moretoday
    Options
    dishwasher
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    Buy the shoes and start a new shoe selfie thread.
    I think there was one around here but it died or doesn't get bumped or something.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    No clickbait here

If you had to choose between a pair of vintage, lace-up, high heeled, oxblood doc martens and replacing the dishwasher, which would it be?

Feel free to elaborate and share personal anecdotes.

ETA: the boots are knee high. That makes a difference, I know

Please ETA a photo of both. It makes a difference. I'm a visual person ;)

The boots are similar to these but more worn
    da67i2vxxuzi.jpeg

The dishwasher is just a plain white i don’t even know what brand thingy.

No opinion. I just wish I had the legs and balance and youth for boots like these. :)
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

Yes, I like the way you asked how do they make you feel. That told me you really get it.

@SwannySez I was thinking about red wings for quality and patriotism, but they’re ugly as *kitten*

I dunno. These on the right dude would be pretty hot.
    th?id=OP.v40x11lywb%2faFw474C474&w=300&h=300&o=5&pid=21.1
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Well I am indifferent really. My thought is you could ALWAYS buy a dishwasher. Materialistic things especially those they dont make anymore are hard to come by. So I would get the boots, and save for a dishwasher.

though I have to admit I really liked tinkerhellraiser's response.