Nursing mom that needs pointers

Options
Hi everyone. I’m a mom trying to loose weight. I have about 30 pounds to loose in total. Are there any moms who are nursing and trying to loose weight. Im so hungry all the time, so I wanted to know tips in how to loose weight while nursing. I believe in eating healthy and working out while nursing but need pointers. Thank you.

Replies

• unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, nursing requires about an extra 500 calories to what you are eating to maintain your nutrition. To lose a pound a week takes approximately 500 calorie deficit per day. In theory you should be able to lose if you aim for your maintenance calories each day while nursing because the two goals would balance out.
    I am no expert, right now I am pregnant myself and am just speaking from my own experience with my last pregnancy and postpartum time. My baby weight came off with relatively few problems after birth with just eating near maintenance.
  • azuber2
    azuber2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long did it take for you for the entire weight to fall off?
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    azuber2 wrote: »
    How long did it take for you for the entire weight to fall off?

I went back to work wearing my pre pregnancy jeans about 9 weeks after baby. Unfortunately my weight went up a year later due to medication and my own bad habits, but that is a different issue entirely.